Shedding Question Short Vs Long Hairs On Treatments

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am on topical treatments now a few months.

I noticed my short hairs are growin--before a lot of hairs on top of head would grow an inch an fall out...those are staying rooted now.

But i still shed same amount of long hairs since before treatment.

I have regrowth so i am glad I am on treatments..just worried about future.

i cannot tell what is working on what.

I am on topical Anti DHT compound from my dermatologist its spironolactone and Estrodial caffein and melatonin.
I am on 5% minoxidil

Im curious what you guys experiences in Anti-DHT VS minoxidil so i can tell whats working.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
In my experience the synergy of the two works better than the two separated.
I used minoxidil for a long time to little avail; when I added anti-DHT hormones, it was much more successful.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
In my experience the synergy of the two works better than the two separated.
I used minoxidil for a long time to little avail; when I added anti-DHT hormones, it was much more successful.

I don't know how to tell if my topical spironolactone is working well enough.

I stopped shedding small/short/new hairs but still shed a lot of long hairs

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
For how long have you used the topical hormones? I wonder because I believe that when a strand of hair is "tagged" for falling out (I.e. is in telogen phase, or even catagen) it is not saved by the introduction of anti-DHT agents. I am afraid those will only help the hair still in an anagen phase not to go too soon to catagen and then to telogen.
Since I introduced topical hormones, the longer hair that falls out has decreased consistently for me.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
For how long have you used the topical hormones? I wonder because I believe that when a strand of hair is "tagged" for falling out (I.e. is in telogen phase, or even catagen) it is not saved by the introduction of anti-DHT agents. I am afraid those will only help the hair still in an anagen phase not to go too soon to catagen and then to telogen.
Since I introduced topical hormones, the longer hair that falls out has decreased consistently for me.

I'm on topical spironolactone/estrodaial for 4 months approximately.
Im on minoxidil for 3 months approximately

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
The telogen phase might last up to 4 months.
This is why they suggest not to evaluate hair loss treatments before six months: all the hair that was bound to fall will anyways fall.
I guess you should evaluate how it is going at the six month mark from minoxidil. But I would evaluate the overall state of the hair, not the shedding, because - especially if you have long hair - 150 strands will look like infinity with you but they are not if 151 are sprouting in their places.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can please all threads be as organised and clear. Thanks Roberto!