shedding question...please help!

umab

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello friends!

I have been experiencing huge shedding last week.When I touch my hair, 10-15 hairs fall out.

Maybe some of you have seen my pictures I which I sended a week ago. I do not look that good now as week ago. The balding places starting to be more and more noticable.

I am little scared if the process is going right way. I know that this may happen but I usually hear here that it happens rather in the beginning of the treatment. I am in month 7 of minoxidil and month 5 of finasteride.

I could not say if I had been shedding more during first months of treatment becase I had been shaved. In the autumn I left my hair grow and just noticed improvement.

Does somebody have similar experience. Do you think that this is normal on 7th month on minoxidil and 5th on finasteride?

I would appreciate any comments. Thank you!

The Gardener

Reaction score
Good to hear from you Ledvoush. Given the dates of when you started your treatments I would be tempted to say that this is probably the time frame when your finasteride is kicking in high gear, but... I know better. I think you are just plain going through a shed. It happens to people whether or not they are on treatment for hairloss. Remember, you really have to give the treatments 12 months before you can accurately evaluate. Before then, there will be high points and low points and sheds, I've had sheds too, but the hair cycle is slow and it takes time for the chemicals in the treatment to first start affecting your hair, then start growing better hairs, then for the better hairs to make their way to the same length as your existing hair. This is a lengthy proposition, patience is needed, sometimes the treatments cause sheds, but in the long term the treatments will start to show themselves for what they can potentially do to help your hairline. 12 months, I say. If you don't see improvement by then, then get worried.

Cheers!

nikeaddict

Established Member
Reaction score
Great response gardener, really opened my eyes to a necissery optomistic outlook anyone in the first few months of a treatment should have.

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
hey man, we're losing our hair, we lose hair everday, some days we lose a lot more than others. It's part of the process. Accept it and don't freak out. Atleast you know because you're on treatments, that the hair is going to grow back.