shedding pubic hair too?

inkt

Reaction score
if i lightly pull at my pubic hair i'm getting 4 or 5 in my hand each time (and i can keep doing this 20+ times until it starts slowing down). this is not hard tugging - just lightly pulling. *every* single hair has a large white bulb at the bottom.

is this to be expected or does it point to some other problem?

s.a.f

Reaction score
No pulling out your pubes is not to be expected !! :freaked:

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've heard that in some cases there can be a reduction in body hair, this would explain this. Also.. how do you know it wouldn't have pulled out before meds or have you always enjoyed pulling on your pubes?

inkt

Reaction score
haha i was asking for this wasn't i...

i just noticed a lot of what seemed like pubic hair in the shower once and i uh, just decided to do a pull test like you do with you hair :oops:

like i said though, i'm not pulling very hard at all and i can get 5 or so each time. if i wanted to i could keep doing this and get 40-50 hairs easily.

Far Too Young

Established Member
Reaction score
I hate to throw the telogen effluvium excuse out there, but a shed in all hair should be present then, particularly pubic hair. Look at your nails. Is there a horizontal line on them? In a telogen effluvium all systems that involve high levels of keratin should be effected. Thus the nail production is interrupted, causing a line to fom. Unfortunately, as it was for me, telogen effluviums are often the harbinger of male pattern baldness.

inkt

Reaction score
Far Too Young said:
I hate to throw the telogen effluvium excuse out there, but a shed in all hair should be present then, particularly pubic hair. Look at your nails. Is there a horizontal line on them? In a telogen effluvium all systems that involve high levels of keratin should be effected. Thus the nail production is interrupted, causing a line to fom. Unfortunately, as it was for me, telogen effluviums are often the harbinger of male pattern baldness.
yes i have those lines all over my fingernails... smaller 'dots' as well.