Shedding only short hairs

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have long hair and I am going through a big shed yet the hairs I shed are only around 1 inch, some are thicker than others.

Hopefully this is a good sign and they are just weak hairs waiting to get thicker. I'm 7 months on rogaine now.

Anyone else experience this?

IrishFella

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm only on finasteride and nizoral, but as I told ya a few weeks ago, I'm going through a shed, although nowhere near as bad as my first one, and yes, the hairs I noticed falling are wimpy little things, hopefully it is a good sign!!

My hairs' not long, it I could compare it length wise, it would be very similar to Rawtashk, a member on this forum. Was going through a couple of old threads, it seemed around the March to April time, we were both suffering from scalp sores, now we're going through a shed at the same time, and the hairs I notice falling are quite small in length and thin in comparable to the rest of my hair ..... :wacko:

I think the hairloss Gods are taking the piss outta me and you, haha. :badmood:

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sounds about like that! I think it just points to us having the same condition, and perhaps our condition is aggravated around certain times of the year? Especially in a rainy season like March. Glad to hear I'm not the only one, that gives me hope. Haven't lost density but I'm so close to calling it a day and cutting my hair short.

Here's to hoping they'll just grow back thicker! :beer:

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You know, I really think it's my diet man. After talking to a couple girls who have a problem with crash dieting, I know it's causing every one of my sheds. I always say I won't do it again but then I have a party to go to or a wedding to be in and I want to look good fast so I lose weight the easy way. Less anorexic issue, more of a lazy issue. This summer I didn't think I was doing it though because I was eating about 1000 calories a day. I don't know, probably not your problem though.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
For about 9 months I ate less than 1000 calories per day. Maybe I should stop that?

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well, everyone else I've talked to who ate like that also shed after. This includes girls too. I think the healthy amount is 1500 or more a day.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, everyone else I've talked to who ate like that also shed after. This includes girls too. I think the healthy amount is 1500 or more a day.
I did notice this year that more hair got on my comb. THe issue is that I just ignored it. I had long hair (longer than most ladies) and I just assumed that it looked like a lot because it was long?

This is what I ate daily for months:

Morning: 4 egg whites cooked with PAM.
Evening: 1 chicken breast stir fried with broccoli and mushrooms
Night: 1 chicken breast stir fried with broccoli and mushrooms

Frankly after this I wasn't hungry. I know its missing some nutrition stuff. I wouldn't mind taking them in pill form. Any suggestions?

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Having long hair myself I ignored the shed a few months ago until I looked in the mirror and my front part was almost an inch wide, then I noticed my bangs were wispy. I didn't notice it until it all seemed to hit at once. Good news is, it grew back.

See your meal sounds good to me but Im no nutritionist. From what I've read, the lowest we should go is 1500 calories a day but I feel you. I don't get any hungrier than that myself. I have noticed a genuine boost in my happiness and over-all well-being since eating normally though.

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
night - that food sounds awesome!
i probably eat.. maybe 700 calories a day. if i drink (which i'm trying to cut down on) then you can easily stick 1500, 2000 on top of that. i've recently started to try eating a bit more sensibly - generally a small fruit salad and an almond croissant for breakfast, a falafel wrap and maybe some crisps or something for lunch and then whatever's going for dinner... normally these days somethin pretty carb heavy - rice and whatever, pasta and whatever.
who knows really.
my shedding isn't limited to just teeny weeny hairs. but then my hair's looking pretty fucked at the moment, so, well, shit.

resu

Reaction score
I did notice this year that more hair got on my comb. THe issue is that I just ignored it. I had long hair (longer than most ladies) and I just assumed that it looked like a lot because it was long?

This is what I ate daily for months:

Morning: 4 egg whites cooked with PAM.
Evening: 1 chicken breast stir fried with broccoli and mushrooms
Night: 1 chicken breast stir fried with broccoli and mushrooms

Frankly after this I wasn't hungry. I know its missing some nutrition stuff. I wouldn't mind taking them in pill form. Any suggestions?

Chia seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, two teaspoons of chia and one tablespoon of sesame a day, you might want go easy on the chia at first, maybe just one teaspoon. It's very good stuff either way and you'll get Omega 3, 6, Zinc, Magnesium, Calcium, etc. Don't eat them at the same time. I lost quite a bit of weight from just the seeds, had no idea they had any benefits I was just looking at the nutrition facts.