Shedding on Revivogen?

viceroy

Reaction score
anyone experienced our favorite thing whilst on revivogen?

if so, may i ask how long it lasted and to what degree it happened?

thanks.

Yardbird

Established Member
Reaction score
So far I've been on revivogen for just over four months. I've noticed that I have shed a bit more than normal when showering, but it's hard to say that revivogen is causing it. It could also be the nizoral that I added 4 months ago, and I should add that shedding is worse on nizoral days.
Most importantly, I want to say that for sure my hair does not seem thinner than when I started the treatment. If anything, I feel some of my hair may have thickened up, but it's so hard to tell sometimes (I'm sure you can all relate.)

tonyg

Reaction score
Yardbird said:
So far I've been on revivogen for just over four months. I've noticed that I have shed a bit more than normal when showering, but it's hard to say that revivogen is causing it. It could also be the nizoral that I added 4 months ago, and I should add that shedding is worse on nizoral days.
Most importantly, I want to say that for sure my hair does not seem thinner than when I started the treatment. If anything, I feel some of my hair may have thickened up, but it's so hard to tell sometimes (I'm sure you can all relate.)

what else are u taking with revivogen..i was going to start minoxidil with folligin...u think adding revivogen would also be good..i am not sure how i would apply all to scalp though..hmmmm

Reaction score
I've been on Revivogen for about a year now. I did experience a minimal amount of shedding in the beginning, but don't notice it now. I don't use anything but Revivogen, and Nizoral 3X a week. I may get on minoxidil, but refuse to do the Propecia deal, just my preference. Can't say if Revivogen has done all that much. I'm not losing all that much, but my hairline has gone higher the past year. Always had thick hair, doubt many would think I'm balding. I'm tryint the preventative route for all it's worth.
Good luck.

Yardbird

Established Member
Reaction score
Tonyg: I'm also on proscar, but I'm trying to quit. :) Should you add revivogen? Perhaps it's a good idea if you want to quit propecia/proscar, but if not, then I don't know if you really need it. I like it because I only need to apply it once a day, which is really easy.

Hairtoday: Wow, OK. So you've got my future regimen going. You're thinking you lost a bit huh? That's disapppointing to hear. I was hoping that you would have kept all of it.....
Do you have any pics? I'd love to see them if so.
My dream regimen is just revivogen and nizoral. That would be so easy and so safe.

Reaction score
Hard to say if I've lost any... receded just a tad, perhaps. Funny, I was looking at pics of me a year ago, and I really can't tell. You know, you just become a little paranoid at times. I have no noticable thinning on the crown, only a little receding on front. I have no pics, sorry. Was doing this for preventative reasons. My dad is bald, but I'm now 33 and have a pretty good head of hair on me. I'm just trying to slow the process, and have thought of using minoxidil as preventative as well. I'm with you, want to be as natural and safe as I can, and I value my sex life too much to even try propecia.

I know it's hard on everyone in here, and the first time I noticed a little thinning, I was really depressed. But times have changed. I'm sorry, but there's plenty of bald guys who look great, you just have to be confident about it. Hairs nice to have, but it 'aint the end of the world.

I'll continue to update you on my progress from time to time. I'm going to continue the Revivogen. If anything, the shampoo is fantastic! :)

Yardbird

Established Member
Reaction score
Hairtoday, I'm so glad to get in touch with someone on revivogen and only revivogen. Cudos for going the safe route. I applaud that.
Please do keep me posted on your progress, and I'll keep you up on mine as well.
My only fear about such a regimen is that it doesn't include a potent antiandrogen like spironolactone. The saw palmetto may do something, but who knows really?
I've read on this site that Nizoral has some antiandrogen properties, and Bryan has mentioned that at least one study shows that fatty acids have antiandrogenic properties, while another study shows that they do not.
I'm kind of hoping between the saw palmetto, the nizoral, and perhaps even the fatty acids, that I'm covering the antiandrogen side of things enough to get by without spironolactone.
spironolactone twice a day would make my whole day one big topical application. Can you imagine applying topicals morning, noon, and night?
I just don't see myself doing that.
Revivogen once a day is really convenient.
Also, agreed on the shampoo. Have you tried to conditioner?

Reaction score
I haven't tried the conditioner, and wasn't aware there was one? I use a basic conditioner only maybe twice a week.

Thanks for the post, and I'll make sure to update you when I can. Good luck in your plight!

Yardbird

Established Member
Reaction score
PS How much revivogen do you use per application?
I'm using about 1.25 to 1.5 per application once a day.

Reaction score
I use 2ml per day, once a day. a little less than 1 ml on my crown, and the rest on the front. I do it after I shower before bedtime, and really try to dry my hair as much as possible before I go to bed. It does smell kinda funky, and if I lean my head against our wall or pillow, it leaves an orange mess. My wife hates the smell, and the mess, but puts up with it for a chance at keeping my hair as long as possible. I talked to her about Propecia at one point, and she was against it. (as am I, just my opinion.)
Don't want to alter anything with drugs, and in my wife's opinion, a bald man with a stiff penis is better than a man with hair who has issues downstairs. I realize it's a small chance, but I've read enough on here to know it happens quite a bit. That's enough reason for me to not try it.

I haven't tried spironolactone, or anything else for that matter. I'd be willing to give minoxidil a shot, I think.... still debating.

Yardbird

Established Member
Reaction score
Actually, I'm doing things a little different. I shower in the morning using Nizoral or Revivogen Shampoo, and when I get home at night, I usually apply my 1.5 ml of Revivogen.
That way my scalp is dry. Doing it this way, with my scalp totally dry, I haven't noticed any smell or residue. It seems to vanish as I rub it in.

daedalus

Reaction score
I'm on the same regimen as you guys - just revivogen. I've been using it once a day for about 5 months. I honestly don't remember when I started, but it's been a while. I've skipped a few days here and there, but I've been pretty consistent with it. Just like you guys, I can't really tell if it's doing anything.

I have diffuse thinning mostly on the vertex. I still shed like crazy in the shower, and some days it's pretty tough to hide my hairloss. I'm 26 now and I used to have very thick hair just a few years ago, so this really came as a shock.

I tried propecia for a short while, and immediately noticed adverse sexual effects so I stopped. I agree with you guys - the chance of keeping my hair is not worth the possibility of long term damage. I've come to accept that I'll eventually be bald, but hopefully I can slow it down. Maybe I can buy some time until a new treatment comes out.

The smell of revivogen doesn't bother me too much anymore, but I have stained my pillows and the wall behind my bed. I apply it at night about an hour before I sleep. Keep me posted with your results. Good luck.

Reaction score
daedalus said:
I'm on the same regimen as you guys - just revivogen. I've been using it once a day for about 5 months. I honestly don't remember when I started, but it's been a while. I've skipped a few days here and there, but I've been pretty consistent with it. Just like you guys, I can't really tell if it's doing anything.

I have diffuse thinning mostly on the vertex. I still shed like crazy in the shower, and some days it's pretty tough to hide my hairloss. I'm 26 now and I used to have very thick hair just a few years ago, so this really came as a shock.

I tried propecia for a short while, and immediately noticed adverse sexual effects so I stopped. I agree with you guys - the chance of keeping my hair is not worth the possibility of long term damage. I've come to accept that I'll eventually be bald, but hopefully I can slow it down. Maybe I can buy some time until a new treatment comes out.

The smell of revivogen doesn't bother me too much anymore, but I have stained my pillows and the wall behind my bed. I apply it at night about an hour before I sleep. Keep me posted with your results. Good luck.

Just wondering if you're using Nizoral shampoo as well? Hope you can keep as much as you can, as long as you can. Remember, shedding is good, to some point, means your hair is responding. There's a difference between "sheds" and just "losing it." Maybe try minoxidil as well? I haven't yet, but am considering adding it to my regimine.

Good luck.

daedalus

Reaction score
I used Nizoral for a couple of months and now I only use it sometimes. I also have revivogen shampoo, which I use pretty much everyday. Honestly though, I don't think any shampoo is going to make much of a difference. I only use a very small amount of shampoo anyway, and rinse it out seconds after applying it.

I did use minoxidil for about a month and had some serious itching and dandruff. I literally had big, noticeable flakes on my scalp. The nizoral didn't help that much, so I discontinued the minoxidil.

Yardbird

Established Member
Reaction score
Honestly though, I don't think any shampoo is going to make much of a difference. I only use a very small amount of shampoo anyway, and rinse it out seconds after applying it.
I disagree with you here. Have a look at this:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/download/nizoral.pdf

I'm not saying Nizoral is going to save your hair or anything, but assuming you have no bad reactions to it, I see no reason for anyone to overlook this treatment. It's so easy to use.
The research seems to indicate it's going to help out some.

I should also mention that I was starting to get some irritation from Revivogen, despite using Revivogen Shampoo. It wasn't until I got on Nizoral that my scalp irritation subsided.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Nizoral should be used every 3 days religiously - itch or no itch, flaking or no flaking inflammation or no inflammation. You should let it sit on your scalp for the duration of the shower (5 to 10 mins). It is a HUGE factor in the success of your regimen.

HairLossTalk.com

daedalus

Reaction score
Alright, I'll listen to you guys on this one. I'll give Nizoral another chance and see what happens.

By the way, what's a good conditioner to use?

Yardbird

Established Member
Reaction score
I've heard that Nizoral makes a very good conditioner, and also supposedly the Revivogen conditioner is nice.
I'm my case, I cycle out Finesse Volumizing Conditioner and Dove Moisturizing conditioner. I use Nizoral 3 x a week, and on those days I use the moisturizing conditioner. On other days, I don't wash my hair or I use revivogen shampoo, so I just use a volumizing conditioner.
Nizoral makes my hair dry, so that's why I take days off washing or use a moisturizing conditioner.