Shedding On My 5th Day, Need Answers

fjk1987

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello balding brothers, i've been on this forums for about half an year lurking and being interested by success/failure stories and etc'... last week i got my propecia prescribtion and bought it on the same day. its been 5 days (pills) since ive started taking propecia, if its worth mentioning its brand propcia by merck.
NOW I KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK, ANOTHER PLACEBO CRY BABY WHO COMES AFTER FEW DAYS AND STARTS CRYING... this is how I would react if i came across this kind of thread.

I am 19 years old, ive been balding since the age of 15-16, my current hair state is kinda ok.

now, my problem ive only took 5 pills included today, and yesterday ive noticed increasing in shedding, and no its not only in my head, ive tested my hair before treatment so i could tell if something's wrong and it is right now, i am in fact shedding kind of alot hair, MY QUESTION IS what to expect in the future because im ok with the "shedding phase" but is it ok to shed so early?

TL;DR
taking brand mercks propecia, took 5 pills, shedding started 2 days ago, is it ok to shed so early? or should i be warned?

Last edited:

wanima

Reaction score
No one can really tell you what is going to happen exactly.

As for me, I'm taking finasteride for over a year now. I have increased shedding since month 7 or something and had sheds before that too.
However, ever since the 'big shed' started at month 7 it did not stop and my hairline receded way faster than before I started treatment.
I'm gonna stick with it until i hit 1 year and 6 months, then I will decide. Because I do not have any options anyway.

You should make up your mind now, and then stick with it RELIGIOUSLY and assess your situation in 6 months again.

fjk1987

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yea i know, thanks for the answer anyways.
what i really wanted to know is if some one experienced such an intial shed, and how they recovered.
because ive read that if you starting to shed immidietly when starting propecia that's a bad sign of hyperandro reflex