Shedding, Need some Questions Answered.

Krooksbane

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have been reading about the Shedding information. I am familiar with how shedding can occur. I guess that when shedding starts happeneing, I cant help but be a little bit freaked out. Even if I know its only temporary. I notice the little white bulbs on the ends of the hairs. I've been on propecia for Almost 1 year. I feel that my hair has been maintaining. On top of that, I have been using Monox as well. The only problem area is my front hair line. Its really no big deal you could say, I have a full head of hair, and its quite thick. Im only 22. I just jumped on the hairloss bandwagon early, cus I know my time is coming, I figure be smart and proactive. Anyway, this shedding has been going on for some weeks now. When Im in the shower, and I run my hands through my hair, I notice a couple hairs sticking to my hand. Not a lot, like sometimes 1, or 2, or 3. Its just that its happening all the time. Im not losing BUNCHES of hair, just a lil bit. I just want to know when it will stop, and I just hope its only temporary. I dunno, help Me!

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
dont base your hairloss on the three hair that stick to your hand when you wash up. if you were familiar with shedding you'd know shedding upto even a hundred hair a day is normal. everybody sheds, people who go bald are those who dont grow back the same amount of hair as they shed. However, if you feel you're gonna go bald due to male pattern baldness history in immediate family then it would be safe to start on a very low dosage of the treatment. And 22 is not an early age for male pattern baldness. there are people on this forum who got it at the age of 18.

also do not look at the bulbs at the end of the hair for a diagnosis, some'll have the white bulb, some wont. hair that fall early in the telogen phase have the white bullb to it, hair that has a blackish club at the end is hair that falls at the end of the telogen phase - Dr Lee.

you should just try nizoral shampoo 2% maybe twice in a week and maybe revivogen shampoo.throw in a multi-vitamin too. trust me thats all you need. Do not take finasteride or minoxidil yet. not until you're definite you're going bald and you actually notice some thinning or if you can actually place yourself on the norwood scale.

dont stress, thats never good.

best of luck.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
Seriously if you read up on shedding you would know that it is normal to loose anywhere from 100- 300 hairs per day. Go re-read on shedding and this time do it for comprehension.

For comparison I get 50+ hairs on my hands when running them through my top in the shower. I am shedding, you aren't.

Krooksbane

Reaction score
Well, trust me guys, I know I am going bald. My hair started thinning when I was 19. Since i've been using Monox and finasteride, I can safely say my hair is maintaining. Im not just some pariond kid. lol. trust me I know this is my fate. I just figured that since my hair is growing out, and I am not keeping it short, maybe thats the answer. I rmember when I was 16 and my hair was down to my ***, I had loose hairs fall out all the time, perhaps thats all this is. And I do Use Nioxin. the 1%. It helps do the trick. I want to get the laser comb, to try to fix the hairline. It isn't in bad shape, but it isnt the way it used to be. And I just want to see if I can replenish it. Im gonna try every trick in the book. Trust me, I know all about hair, and the attachment men have to it. When I went to Bosley the guy told me that I am In an "Envious Position". I guess since many men lose their hair and dont do anything about it, you could say that I was smart, and took care of it early. The thing is, is that I think my male pattern baldness would have been much worse if I didnt take finasteride or monox. It progressed pretty quickly, and then slowley stopped. I just want to keep it as long as possible. I know that it still will fall out years from now, but HEY, I dont care just as long as I know that I did ALL I could to stop it. And hopefully, they will have the cure for baldness by then. So. Im humbley accepting my fate. But I sure as hell aint givin up the fight.