Shedding Miniaturized Hairs Now. What Does This Mean?

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on finasteride for exactly 3 months now and I got on it pretty early in hairloss as I only started receding slightly a year ago and thinning all over since the last 6 months. I was losing 500 hairs or so per day before I finally got on finasteride. After I got on finasteride the scalp burning sensation went down significantly but hair loss continued to happen but they were thick big hairs. Now 3 months later I am still losing the same amount of hairs but they are signigificantly smaller to the point where some of them are barely visible. Throughout these 3 months I probably lost around 20% of the density on my head. What does this miniaturized shedding mean? Is the drug finally starting to work or am I just losing hair as usual.

I am getting really depressed as I thought getting on finasteride on time would save my hair but even then it got much worse. When I got on finasteride all I was hoping for was maintenance but now I am much worse than where I started.

Tommybommy1363

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude you gotta stop counting hairs and stressing... maybe buzz your head again.

This stress ain’t helping!!

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been shedding plenty of minituarized hairs. Some people shed the whole time they’re on finasteride and still maintain or even regrow. Who knows, those hairs can come back in a few months