Shedding Like Crazy, Derm Appt Not For 3 Months!

Snipits

My Regimen
Reaction score
I noticed thinning about 1 1/2 years ago in my temples, it was never really noticeable though, and me and my girlfriend thought I was going crazy, but genetics are not on my side and the signs are showing. My father and I are not close for me to ask him about his story, but it looks like from pictures I have, he was a solid NW4a (not too familiar with the scale) at 26-27. We have almost the exact same hair type too.... I just turned 23 maybe a NW2-2.5 and my temples have started thinning very quickly, and my hair elsewhere SEEMS dense, for now, but im shedding at least 150-250 hairs a day. Showers are a nightmare. I made an appointment with a dermatologist to hopefully get on finasteride, but all the derms are booked till Oct, which sucks because i obviously want to start fighting this before it gets bad which seems like t will be very soon. I was going to use Minoxidil to sort of hold my hairline until then, but seems like this could cause more harm then good. I also picked up some biotin. I'm not sure if I'm on the right track, or if there's anything else I can do. I wish I could just attack it now and save what I have at least

Attachments

• IMG_1748.JPG
    IMG_1748.JPG
    140.2 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_1587.JPG
    IMG_1587.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_1698.JPG
    IMG_1698.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 252

tomcat

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
maybe try natural dht blockers like fish oil green tea and nuts like almond or pumpkin seed oil but these are nothing compared to finasteride but better than nothing good luck