shedding like crazy after starting to use finasteride

bernie12345b

Reaction score
Gud evening guys my problem is my crown area that was thinning over years I started going bald around 19/20 but I became a diffuse thinner after taking finasteride atepros 5 mg.. 1.25 mg per day..2 months ago plzz. Need some opinion

giannis

Reaction score
welcome to the club. the same thing happened to me after taking finasteride for 6 months. at first i thought it was a shed but it kept going until i stopped taking it. i got on minoxidil and ru topical and i am slowly recovering but my hair is still thinner than pre finasteride. i would never use finasteride or any other chemical pill again. also i am pretty sure finasteride upregulated my androgen receptors because my body hair is growing in places i never had. imagine i was taking a pill to cure my hairloss and it caused further hairloss what an irony. anyway finasteride might work for your crown who knows i am just telling my experience

bernie12345b

Reaction score
Tnxx for the response sighhhhh....its so*frustrating to think that the last hope I thought i have will be my biggest mistake...

giannis

Reaction score
look i used to think that there is nothing better than finasteride but bieleve it there is! i strongly beileve that the best aproach is using topicals only not systemic drugs which can mess with hormones. i cant tell you to stop finasteride its up to you what you u think its right

dehoha

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I definitely agree with giannis. I had a same issue with finasteride when I was using it for 50 days. I lost so much ground in less than 2 months and hair loss halted when I stopped finasteride. I am still trying to recover from finasteride shed + post surgery trauma hair loss.