Shedding isn't a part of male pattern baldness?

glassworld

Reaction score
I often read that the rate of shedding is related to the severity of androgenic alopecia.

However, the only problem with this theory is that my hairline is thinning at a fast rate.... yet I'm not shedding that much at all. I get out of the shower and run my hands through my hair, maybe get 10-20 hairs if I really work at it. Hell, if i tug at the front hairs, none come out (this isn't something I routinely do...). Yet the hairs are still becoming finer and finer. I have fairly long hair for a male (it's about 5-6 inches long right now), so you'd think that any loose hairs I have would stay with my hair. I don't play with it, and I don't see any signs of hairs falling around me.

So, does the shedding really have any correlation with the pattern thinning of the hair?

lain

Established Member
Reaction score
My hairline is doing exactly the same, thinning and disappearing, yet I cant seem to spot that much hair falling out... I guess the little hair that does fall out just does not grow back.

Far Too Young

Established Member
Reaction score
It's not a matter of shedding. It's a function of how quickly and densely thick hair is replacing it.