Shedding Has Increased Since I Started Finasteride And I Am Not Sure What To Do

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started finasteride 45 days ago(around 6.5 weeks). I was in denial that hair loss has increased since I started finasteride but now it is really obvious. I am losing too many hairs and more than what I was losing prior to finasteride. Most of hairs are really dark and long which is worrying(I though you should shed the miniaturized hairs during finasteride shed). I can feel that my density is worse through my hands.

Is this normal? Not sure what I am supposed to do.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe its very common and part of the process. The same thing is happening to me as well.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shedding is a good sign. I shed very heavy for about 3 months before I got a ton of regrowth.

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 5th day into 1mg into finasteride, previously was on it for 1 month 0,5 daily, didnt increase or decrease shedding. Been to trichologist today, she said should wait for 8-12 months to tell, but then again she was somewhat incompetent, like any other doctor. Tbh we need to consider our own hair clinics, since some users here know more information and posses more knowledge on the topic than futile dermatologists who hate their job and are doing f*** all.

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shedding is a good sign. I shed very heavy for about 3 months before I got a ton of regrowth.

at what point (time period) did you see noticeable regrowth? ex: after 4 months?

because I just had another nasty shed (a week ago) and my hair is thinner than ever.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
at what point (time period) did you see noticeable regrowth? ex: after 4 months?

because I just had another nasty shed (a week ago) and my hair is thinner than ever.

I would say terminals started appearing at month 4 . I stopped finasteride for a while and only been back on for 6 weeks so i will update you at a similar point in time ... where hopefully there will be the same response as before lol

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just ride it out. I still shed a lot of hairs 6 years later and I’ve been maintaining ever since. Hair doesnt just fall out and never come back. That’s not how hairloss works.

Meeee199

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just ride it out. I still shed a lot of hairs 6 years later and I’ve been maintaining ever since. Hair doesnt just fall out and never come back. That’s not how hairloss works.

Interesting