Shedding Hair, Been On finasteride+min Fr 10 Months

Adil Rizvi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Let me start by telling you that since my childhood my hair is kind of thin but still I had good hair. When I turned 17, I noticed that my hair is shedding but it was really slow. Last year, it started to shed like crazy. So I went to the doctor and he suggested me to take Finasteridefinax 1 mg and trichodil 5%. Man oh man it gave me really good results till 9months. And then winter arrived , the same trichodil solution started to cause flaking and constant itching. So I kind of started to take it like 1 time in every 2-3 days. I didn't skip finasteride though. But since Decemeber my hair started to shed like crazy. I have read that it happens. Doctor said the same thing. So I just want to know if any of you went through this. My density is really like 60% of what it was 2 months back. Do you guys think it will grow back??? Btw my doctor gave me minioxidil 5% which is alchohol free. It doesn't itch anymore.

Suswang

Established Member
Reaction score
It's unfortunately gonna get worse for you. You really need to stay consistent with Minoxidil otherwise it's gonna cause shedding. If you are experiencing itching and flaking then get a scalp clarifying shampoo.

The itching and flaking are likely being caused by irritants in these products -- not seborrheic dermatitis, unless the original poster also suffers from that?