Shedding From Ssri's And/or Adhd Meds?

Rapido1234

My Regimen
Reaction score
I began taking 30mg of adderall daily about 6 or 7 months ago. Things didn't seem too bad at all, in fact,my hairline didn't seem to change at all. About 2 months ago I started needed antidepressants, so I was initially put on Celexa. In about a week I started shedding like crazy and my hair felt thinner all around. This went on for about 2 weeks. I decided to stop the Celexa, and within a few days the shedding went back to how it was before I had started. I thought this must have been just a coincidence, so I decided to start again a week or 2 later. The rapid shedding started again!! This time a few days into starting Celexa. It also stopped again as I stopped the Celexa. There must have been something in the Celexa that caused me to lose hair so quickly, maybe an inactive ingredient that caused alopecia? My doctor switched me to Zoloft a week or two after this and everything was fine, but a week or two after I started, my hair started shedding again!! I stopped taking Zoloft a few days ago and the hair shedding is gradually getting better.

So I have no idea what is going on here. I used to take Prozac a year before starting adderall and I didn't notice this kind of shed. Adderall didn't seem to affect my hair shedding at all on its own. Could it be possible that an SSRI mixed with a Stimulant is causing such rapid onset shedding? From what I've read, they both constrict the blood vessels somewhat, so maybe together they form an evil anti-hair alliance? Could there be some inactive ingredients at work here?

Has anyone had this experience with SSRI's and/or Stimulants? I am thinking of maybe trying Wellbutrin or an SNRI, but can't afford to shed like this again.

furrydome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a shed from SSRI use, and didn't fully recover from it. Been taking Adderall (low dose) for years though with no hair-related issues.

Rapido1234

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a shed from SSRI use, and didn't fully recover from it. Been taking Adderall (low dose) for years though with no hair-related issues.

How long after starting the SSRI did it begin? For me it happens in a matter of weeks!