Shedding from minoxidil and Propecia

peterteg1999

Reaction score
I am about 1.5 month into Propecia and 25 days into minoxidil.. and I still experience a lot of shedding... A lot more than I first started those. I mean now, if i comb my hair, 20 hairs will be on the comb, before, it was only like 5 hairs.
Does anyone have an idea of how much longer hair shedding will occur? I know some of you saying that the hair must shed before new ones can come out... but I don't have much more left to be shedded :(

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
Im not so sure wif you are shedding from one product or both, who knows, however there really is not ime limit for sheds could be a day or could be 5 months like me.......

peterteg1999

Reaction score
jblig said:
Im not so sure wif you are shedding from one product or both, who knows, however there really is not ime limit for sheds could be a day or could be 5 months like me.......

5 months ? That is killing me... hopefully i can grow some hair at the same time so it is not too obvious.

Kramer3

Established Member
Reaction score
Typically the initial shed will last a few consecutive weeks during one of the first few months. However because everyone's body reacts differently to a drug you may go through shedding phases throughout your treatment at various times.