shedding for months plz help!

metadalll

Reaction score
hey so i'm 17 and have been loosing alot of hair for the past 5 or 6 months, not a disgusting amount but my hands have maybe 30 hairs on them in the shower after shampoo, and i can kind of see my scalp under harsh light now which is new and i know must be because of all this shedding...but this doesn't seem like DHT related hair loss because with it i have and itchy scalp with some flakes and red bumps, also occasionally itchy and flaking eyebrows (also eyebrow hair loss) i've read that this could be serborheic* dermatitis or some kind of psoriasis, and that the hair loss is cuz of inflamation or whatever...so i saw a derm and he prescribed me with ketoconazole 2% (nizoral) and i've been using it for just a month and haven't really noticed anything yet...soooo does anyone have any ideas???

Ryansworld11

Reaction score
I have the same issue and the doctor did the same lousy thing, use nizoral. I think nizoral is good, gives the scalp a good clean but I find it leaves my scalp quite tight. I use Avalon Biotin B-complex thickening shampoo between washes, it is good, leave hair looking fuller and its got essential oils etc which help improve scalp health.

I would recommend improving your diet, taking a good multivitamin, eating low fat foods, plenty of fruit and veg and loads of water. Helped calm my scalp and clear my skin.

I'm using minoxidil again which has increased the itching, what helps is washing hair less per week, I find when my scalp feels dry from over shampooing it itches much more so I try leave it without washing for 2-3days in a row.

Good luck!

miclebarbossa

Reaction score
I am 4.5 months post hair transplant . I've been using Rogaine on the crown after my hair transplant with outstanding results.My leopard gecko is tanking long time to shed please help?

the_dude

Reaction score
You can lose a lot of hair without going bald. I lose more than 30 hairs when i shower. It's normal to loose 50-150 hairs a day. I started losing a lot of hair 2 years ago after taking accutane but i still have the same amount of hair as i did back then.