Shedding for 7 months...

Yassay

Reaction score
So I've been on finas for like 7 months and shedding has been constant. I started taking 0.5 and been on that ever since, yet a month ago I started taking 1m. The thing is shedding never stopped and I never shed like this ever in my life. I'm not on minoxidil cause it burned my scalp big time. Just keto besides finas... and my crown is worse and worse. Noticeably, was nowhere near this when I started treatment.
Could this be all from using half a pill? Just because I have to wait some more...? What you think?
Thanksss

bram1988

Reaction score
So I've been on finas for like 7 months and shedding has been constant. I started taking 0.5 and been on that ever since, yet a month ago I started taking 1m. The thing is shedding never stopped and I never shed like this ever in my life. I'm not on minoxidil cause it burned my scalp big time. Just keto besides finas... and my crown is worse and worse. Noticeably, was nowhere near this when I started treatment.
Could this be all from using half a pill? Just because I have to wait some more...? What you think?
Thanksss

Maybe someone can confirm this, but shedding for seven months isn't the strangest thing in the world. Although it might seem you are the most unlucky guy in the world "regarding shedding" right now. Just ride it out another 3-5 months. Good chance you will have some good results after all that shedding

mr.patches

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd say go easy on nizoral. When I apply the only other shampoo I use (natural brand, rosemary) the shedding seems minimal, but every time I use nizoral my hair sheds like crazy.

massa

Banned
Reaction score
Hi yessay, I'm just like you been on finasteride for 8 months and the shedding hasn't stopped. In that time I've lost so much hair from the temples and front I used to be able to hide my hair loss 8 months ago now it's obvious my hair is falling out even with concealer :( . Scary thing is I'm shedding thick black healthy looking hairs I don't know if that is normal ! I hope to god that what people say on here is true and the hair returns in a few months. It's so frustrating taking a pill to stop hair loss and then see your hair fall increase ! I'm gonna give it a few more months and then will try something stronger like dutasteride or RU. I'm no way going to accept going bald yet !

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Talking from my own experiences I think people sometimes confuse continued loss with 'shedding'
If you are losing hair seven months into the treatment at the same rate as you were before then it's likely that it is just hair loss taking it's course. Keep going on the meds and wait to see if it begins to kick in and add more into the mix to see if that helps

Yassay

Reaction score
Talking from my own experiences I think people sometimes confuse continued loss with 'shedding'
If you are losing hair seven months into the treatment at the same rate as you were before then it's likely that it is just hair loss taking it's course. Keep going on the meds and wait to see if it begins to kick in and add more into the mix to see if that helps

Well... no... I was not shedding like this a year ago, that's the point!