Shedding directly after Nizoral use?

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
I put Nizoral 1% in my hair, and left it on there for 7-8 minutes. After washing it out and putting conditioner in my hair, I noticed 15 or so hairs in my hands. What's the deal? I guess I'm sensitive, so is there any way that I can use Nizoral 1% without having this direct shedding?

EDIT- This was my first time using Nizoral. Also, my scalp feels a little funny/tingly/slight burning, even with conditioner.

jandrsn27

Reaction score
That's not the nizoral doing it. Happened to me alot when i first started using keto shampoo(or any shampoo for that matter when you have Androgenetic Alopecia!) Also your scalp will tingle it is an effect of the keto, brush it off unless you start to get some allergic reaction or worsening skin problems, then ditch it. To get less shed from washing your hair, try pre-washing with luke warm water, then wash with colder water, when drying don't scrub your head with the towel, just gently pat your hair then let air dry. Over time when the keto is starting to do it's job, you will notice less shed when washing just stick it out!

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
That's not the nizoral doing it. Happened to me alot when i first started using keto shampoo(or any shampoo for that matter when you have Androgenetic Alopecia!) Also your scalp will tingle it is an effect of the keto, brush it off unless you start to get some allergic reaction or worsening skin problems, then ditch it. To get less shed from washing your hair, try pre-washing with luke warm water, then wash with colder water, when drying don't scrub your head with the towel, just gently pat your hair then let air dry. Over time when the keto is starting to do it's job, you will notice less shed when washing just stick it out!

Good thing it's winter, I guess I'll just stick it out and wear a cap. Thanks for the tips :)

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
I put Nizoral 1% in my hair, and left it on there for 7-8 minutes. After washing it out and putting conditioner in my hair, I noticed 15 or so hairs in my hands. What's the deal? I guess I'm sensitive, so is there any way that I can use Nizoral 1% without having this direct shedding?

EDIT- This was my first time using Nizoral. Also, my scalp feels a little funny/tingly/slight burning, even with conditioner.

i thought the 1% wasn't manufactured anymore

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't know, it's still available on amazon. I'm switching shampoos anyway, I think I react bad to SLS/ALA.

Thespain

Established Member
Reaction score
Turns out that I'm one of the rare few who are allergic to ketocozanale. No wonder why directly after one use my hair starts shedding like crazy in weird places and my scalp burns/itches for a week.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been using nizoral for less then a week doing exactly as it says on the bottle (every 3 days and leve on no longer then 5 mins) but I feel it's making my hair look even thinner. Has anyone else noticed this? It does actually say in the side effects section that nizoral can actually cause hair loss! I'm also using a conditioner so maybe it's this that's making my hair look thinner. What do people think? I'm a bit scared to use nizoral much longer..........

jimmywingster

Reaction score
i have used nizoral for long periods. i am quite sure it doesnt make you lose hair. the next shower and after that and so on it wont be 15 hairs falling off. Give it time and it will make your scalp more healthy. But it wont stop the loss

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i have used nizoral for long periods. i am quite sure it doesnt make you lose hair. the next shower and after that and so on it wont be 15 hairs falling off. Give it time and it will make your scalp more healthy. But it wont stop the loss

Read the side effects section. nizoral can make you lose hair.

opti

Established Member
Reaction score
everytime i start ket after a while i ll shed. but after some weeks i ll have about 0 shed anymore...

firstpost

Banned
Reaction score
Keto shampoo might delay your hair loss, but it wont regrow a 1 single hair. So even if you regrow whatever hair you lost during shed, its still on its way out. Just a matter of time.

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
I used nizoral 1% on its own 3 times a week to begin with. Definitley made my hair feel and look dry/thin.

Now I'm using it once every 5-6 days and using normal shampoo after. Made a big difference.

Ebony

Reaction score
Why is it that all these products that are supposed to help hair growth, cause shedding so frequently??