Shedding but where's the hair?

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I definitely have lost hair in the last week, it's been dramatic. I can even feel a difference just touching my head.

But here's the thing - cant see shedded hairs anywhere. At all. The odd one on my pillow or desk at work, that's all. Are they falling out in the shower?

marentes133

Reaction score
Hair shedding

I'm 20 years old and over the past months 3 I've been shedding scalp hair like crazy. To the point where each time I run my fingers through my hair I have a couple of strands on my hands. I usually find hairs on my bathroom sink, shower walls and pillow (I shine a bright light on my pillow to see) sometimes even my bed sheets.

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not to downplay how bad that is but I was just wondering why I can't actually see my shedding, and wondering if anyone else has had that. But to update the thread I just applied minoxidil and there was a lot of shedded hair, this is an odd kind of relief because at least I actually know what's going on up there.

I may have been freaking out a bit about feeling the lost hair on my head, I think I was imagining that.

xcrusher

Reaction score
I mean if you have long hair the fair that falls out probably gets stuck with your other hair and then comes out while you in the shower.

oye_rg

Established Member
Reaction score
I definitely have lost hair in the last week, it's been dramatic. I can even feel a difference just touching my head.

But here's the thing - cant see shedded hairs anywhere. At all. The odd one on my pillow or desk at work, that's all. Are they falling out in the shower?

Maybe not but could it be a case of having bad hair days/weeks? I have felt hair thinning for a few days and coming back up after few more so now I know the hair are all still there but the perception changes from day to day and lighting to lighting

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
My hairline has been receding for years and my crown thinning a few months ago. Just started noticing a few hairs in the shower the past week since I've been on finasteride. Before that I never saw any hair anywhere.. However it was still disappearing....

AlexieJ

Reaction score

I'm just wondering why you couldn't see shedded hairs when you are sure enough that you've lost hair in the last week. Well, I guess they're falling out in the shower each time but you may not noticed them. Try to be observant if you need too.