Shedding after one week

jadk

Reaction score
Hi all

I used propecia for one week, seven pills, then i stopped again for several reasons.

Now, 2 weeks after taking the last pill, i'm shedding - without being on propecia.

For how long can i expect this to continue?

jadk

Reaction score
Just some support questions:

Do people shed after one week on propecia?

Do people shed while not being on propecia?

I want to know if this is shedding or if my hair loss has become aggressive after the week on propecia..

:)

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
Doubtful propecia caused your shedding after one week. It is the fact that you have male pattern baldness that you are shedding. Sheds come and go on their accord. Why is it that people who have a hairloss problem to begin with assume its is something other than their own genetics. Without intervention of finasteride and or minoxidil you will certainly go bald. I am willing to bet the farm on it. :wink:

jadk

Reaction score
H/B said:
Doubtful propecia caused your shedding after one week. It is the fact that you have male pattern baldness that you are shedding. Sheds come and go on their accord. Why is it that people who have a hairloss problem to begin with assume its is something other than their own genetics. Without intervention of finasteride and or minoxidil you will certainly go bald. I am willing to bet the farm on it. :wink:

I know i lose hair because of my "hairloss problem". It's just that i suddenly started to lose the hair at a much higher rate after the 7 propecia pills.

Wonder why?

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
Coincidental. Without treatment hair would shed then stop on its own. Progrssion with hair loss often comes in cycles, sometimes not shedding for months and then bam.. shedding heaps. If I started taking flinstone vitamins and started to shed at the same time, I may be able to convince myself it was Fred Flintstone's fault.

jadk

Reaction score
What you say makes sense, it's just that i lose perhaps a hundred times more hair now! Doesn't seem like "natural progression"???

HH

Reaction score
jadk said:
What you say makes sense, it's just that i lose perhaps a hundred times more hair now! Doesn't seem like "natural progression"???

Jadk,
Besides the increased hairloss, at the same time do you also experence other symptoms like "oily skin","acnes",etc?

jadk

Reaction score
HH said:
jadk said:

Jadk,
Besides the increased hairloss, at the same time do you also experence other symptoms like "oily skin","acnes",etc?
No significant acne, perhaps slightly oily skin but i'm not sure. Why?

HH

Reaction score
jadk said:
HH said:
jadk said:

Jadk,

I think these symptoms indicate high androgen activities.

G

HH said:
jadk said:
HH said:
jadk said:

Jadk,

I think these symptoms indicate high androgen activities.

like working out, HH?