Shedding After Introducing Nizoral 2%

surfit

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

After 5 years of very slow thinning, ’ve been on .05mg of Dutasteride daily, for 2 years. I have mild diffuse hairloss. Prob a Norwood 2, or so. I don’t use Rogaine.

Up until last month I was experiencing noticeable hair regrowth; thicker follicles, filling in my temples, etc.

Then I ordered Nizoral 2%, now use it 2-3x per week, 10 minutes each time in the shower. Within 2 weeks I noticed shedding all over. And my scalp started itching (but that’s gone away now). It feels like my dutasteride gains are disappearing. :(

Is this normal, can this be a shed brought on by me starting Nizoral? Thanks for any advice!!

hollow11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Whats with all the Nizoral bashing threads lately? Makes me paranoid about whether i should drop it and see if anything changes , lol

UberBaldaten

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Use Nizoral 2-3 times a week max. Also don't leave it long on your hair.
Also, it's anti androgen, it might cause shedding because thicker follicles are coming in or you indeed are having bad reaction.

Could you tell us what's your age and side effects of Dutasteride you had, I am interested on hopping on it.

surfit

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m 34, and I haven’t had any continuing negative side effects on Dutasteride. For the first week, just some slight ball ache. Went away on its own.

I’m not meaning to bash Nizoral, but it’s interesting that after 2yrs of success on dutasteride I experienced such a bad shed. Interesting also, that I haven’t shed the thicker hairs. Mostly only the thinner ones. Maybe it’s working if that’s the case?

surfit

My Regimen
Reaction score
BTW, If you do get on dutasteride, first google search a coupon for Dutasteride, you’ll find them in google images. Mine costs only $22 per month. I picked out several codes and my pharmacy ran them to determine the cheapest.

UberBaldaten

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m 34, and I haven’t had any continuing negative side effects on Dutasteride. For the first week, just some slight ball ache. Went away on its own.

I’m not meaning to bash Nizoral, but it’s interesting that after 2yrs of success on dutasteride I experienced such a bad shed. Interesting also, that I haven’t shed the thicker hairs. Mostly only the thinner ones. Maybe it’s working if that’s the case?

Thanks for input, I'm 23, thinking on jumping on dutasteride but scared because of 5ar1 inhiibition.

It could very well mean that Keto kicked out thinner hairs to be replaced by thicker ones. Stick it out for around a month, if condition doesn't improve during that time, you can drop it. You won't lose hair permanently.