Shedding after brushing hair

Don Flamenco

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this amount of shedding normal after brushing hair in the morning? Also when I look closely I can see bits of skin or dandruff attached at the bottom

Attachments

• IMG_20210818_091431753.jpg
    IMG_20210818_091431753.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 84

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this amount of shedding normal after brushing hair in the morning? Also when I look closely I can see bits of skin or dandruff attached at the bottom
Well, first of all, yuck and then brushing and combing can always loosen hair and you want that unless you are shedding. Those are very short hairs which indicate perhaps, that your hair is spending maybe a few months only in anagen. I can't really find much about the importance of bulbs because most of my hair coming out hasn't any bulb attached and is deformed or thin strands that I want to have pushed out to make way for the better hair coming but for males, that rarely happens. The best that you can do is halt the progression without microneedling or maybe oral min. I would get Nizoral for inflammation and then start rogaine and finasteride. Males have no time for leisurely evaluation. Waiting to see if you are one of 100 who actually has Telogen Effluvium is disastrous and illogical and guys do it all of the time based upon idiotic advice by doctors who look at family history to determine if it is Telogen Effluvium or not.

It's not Telogen Effluvium. It's never Telogen Effluvium. Family history only makes a difference when you are 12 say, if you want to predict if you might go bald. Then, yes, it's more predictive than anything else. After you walk in and he confirms some sort of hair loss, Telogen Effluvium or not, you are in a different category and even if your friends say, "hey, you are going bald" in my experience they were absolutely right and I needed to know yes on my 20th birthday, sigh. Bayesian analysis is similar to card games with a hole card. Here the hole card says future hair loss so now you can eliminate the family history entirely and in my opinion all doctors should stop asking such questions. They are not relevant for anyone with a full head of hair or who is already visibly balding.

Not that you said anything against this but I feel worse of all for guys who wait because it might get better. I should put a poll up asking how many of you had Telogen Effluvium and it all grew back like when you were 17 or even almost all grew back and we might have one yes. Sucker's roulette is depending upon my father's perfect hair to save me; it didn't and he is 83 and has every single hair still. Mother is 80 with beautiful long tresses. The three children all suffer from hair loss and my sister's is worst of all among us.

Best,

Janey