Shedding After Apply Retinoic Acid In My Temples

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i started apply retinoic acid ( 0,025%) in my temples 7 days ago, 1 one time a day, and i experience an initial increase of hair loss. i haven't any irritation or problem with the skin.
my treatament is minoxidil 5% 2x, finas 1mg and keto2% eod with good results since 9 months.

is normal that shedding ? i don't know if suspend the cream or continue with it..

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i put much quantity of retin cream ( vitamin A ), and i think it could trigger in telofen efluvium. i speed up my baldness or it will come back ?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i started apply retinoic acid ( 0,025%) in my temples 7 days ago, 1 one time a day, and i experience an initial increase of hair loss. i haven't any irritation or problem with the skin.
my treatament is minoxidil 5% 2x, finas 1mg and keto2% eod with good results since 9 months.

is normal that shedding ? i don't know if suspend the cream or continue with it..

Shedding from Minoxidil alone can be 12 - 16 weeks.

The problem is that retinoic acid just burns the outer layer, which makes it easier for
Minoxidil to penetrate the hair follicle.

That said, retinoic acid CAN cause hair shedding. It is an acid. It can TEMPORARILY burn
the hair off.

I wouldn't use retinoic acid if I were you.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks man . Why not ? There are studys claming its very useful..

It just burns some of the scalp path and makes Minoxidil easier to absorb in the follicle.

It can burn hair off, if it's thin. At least temporarily. Not sure if it's a good idea.

Although I don't think it will cause permanent damage though.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yes i applied it in my temples and hairline where i have a lot of thinnin and vellus hairs. and get worse..seems like the acid burn hair off..

but i read only good things about the retinoic acid ( help minoxidil, antiandrogen..)..i will give it a chance, putting less quantity and every other day.
for at least 3 months. pray for me lol