Shedding After 7 Months On Finasteride And Four Months On Minoxidil

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 7 months on finasteride now and 4 months on minoxidil, a week a go I have notice increase shedding after it's stablized, I'm shedding alot of fine hair and some thick air that grows on previously almot bald areas, does that mean it's thicking or I'm lossing groung?

Rapido1234

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have also noticed a drastic increase in shedding. I think for me it might be due to weather. It just got seriously hot and humid in Texas, and that correlated with when I started shedding. Did the same happen for you?

Dirty_Harry

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Same situation starting from the 8 month mark. I'm seriously considering seasonal shedding but I have my doubts. I can be sure though that in previous years, seasonal shedding was a very real thing to me.

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have also noticed a drastic increase in shedding. I think for me it might be due to weather. It just got seriously hot and humid in Texas, and that correlated with when I started shedding. Did the same happen for you?

I'm sorry , It's wierd I didn't get a notification for your replays, I thought my post has buried, yeah it's very hot now where I live, but I don't think the weather have to do with my shidding.

Are you on finasteride or monoxidil and for how long?

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Same situation starting from the 8 month mark. I'm seriously considering seasonal shedding but I have my doubts. I can be sure though that in previous years, seasonal shedding was a very real thing to me.

Are you on both finastride and minoxidil, when you got seasonal shedding were you on medications?
I never had a seasonal shedding, this shedding remind me when I first started lossing hair, I didn't see that much hair before the treatment.
did the hair grew back after the shedding?

Dirty_Harry

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you on both finastride and minoxidil, when you got seasonal shedding were you on medications?
I never had a seasonal shedding, this shedding remind me when I first started lossing hair, I didn't see that much hair before the treatment.
did the hair grew back after the shedding?

I always had seasonal sheds at the start of the summer, I was roller coasting on the norwood scale at least two times in the past years. I use 7 years minoxidil and I'm 9+ months on finasteride. As I said I'm shedding for one month, mostly thin hairs. Still waiting to see what happens