Shedding after 2 years on propecia

Hairworry

Reaction score
Hi

For the first year on propecia, I have slight growth and was very happy with it.

But now into my second year, my hair started shedding a lot and the hair feels thin and my crown which used to be thick now also has thinned.

Is this a shedding cycle or is propecia losing its effect? I can't use minoxidil as my scalp is sensitive to it.

Anybody with similar experience and advice on what other treatments I can add on? :(

TheBigThree

Reaction score
You're just taking Propecia? What's your daily dosage? Are you also sensitive to shampoos like Nizoral or Revita?

Hairworry

Reaction score
I take 1mg propecia per day.

Currently using shampoo that contains ciclopirox olamine, which helps in dermatitis.

Other than the above, I'm not taking anything else. I'm afraid to try minoxidil because of my sensitive scalp and also the dreaded shed. I cannot bear to go through another shed as my scalp is already showing.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

jonsie150

Established Member
Reaction score
i think its just a cycle. but if this progresses for another month or two, you might want to consider spironolactone. its (supposedly) an antiandrogen like finasteride, though no where near as effective. it might be a good compliment to your finasteride

Hairworry

Reaction score
What brands of spironolactone are there in the market? Where can I order it online?

Do they come in different concentration?

Thanks