Shedding A LOT at around 4 months on finasteride.

JHCL1990

Established Member
Reaction score
Only using .5mg finasteride ED and 2% keto e3-4D. I went to the sink last night and tugged lightly on my hair at different areas on my head for about a minute. I check the sink and it almost literally looks like I got a haircut. I mean, I don't even know how I have any hair on my head if I'm shedding as much as I saw last night. There were a ton of hairs in the sink. I've also made NEGATIVE progress in regards to my hair these last 4 months. It feels thinner and my hairline looks slightly worse.

Pic of hairs in sink (it looked worse in person):

unnamed_zpsbaed151e.jpg

So what should I expect in the coming months/what is more likely?

1.) The shedding stops and all those lost hairs come back--greatly thickening up my hair.

Or

2.) I lose everything.

The ONLY things I can think of that could possibly have caused this shedding is my use of Cabergoline the last 6 weeks (only one more dose left), or taking finasteride around 7am on weekdays, but around 11-1pm on weekends, or the extra stress from starting a new job recently. Also just started using L-Lysine, but I don't think that would effect my hair.

bernie12345b

Reaction score
Man just ride it out..I know how you feel but you can't do anything about it..plss don't stop using finasteride.. Me? I almost surrender bcozz of that ****ing shedding..but buddy you will be shock when the day comes that when you take a bath no more hair will fall out..just stick with it and cut your hair short...we are all praying for your success...

JHCL1990

Established Member
Reaction score
Man just ride it out..I know how you feel but you can't do anything about it..plss don't stop using finasteride.. Me? I almost surrender bcozz of that ****ing shedding..but buddy you will be shock when the day comes that when you take a bath no more hair will fall out..just stick with it and cut your hair short...we are all praying for your success...

Thanks so much for this post. It makes me feel a lot better.

DrDog

Reaction score
O

1.) The shedding stops and all those lost hairs come back--greatly thickening up my hair.

Or

2.) I lose everything.

I'll put myself out there and say that it is impossible for you to drop below your baseline prior to treatment in the year long spectrum. Why are you doing .5 eod? Fear of sides or something? And do you use minoxidil? All treatments usually start a shed for somewhere between 1-6 months.

I myself a, 3 1/2 months in and am STILL shedding, albeit much much less then month one...

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Only using .5mg finasteride ED and 2% keto e3-4D. I went to the sink last night and tugged lightly on my hair at different areas on my head for about a minute. I check the sink and it almost literally looks like I got a haircut. I mean, I don't even know how I have any hair on my head if I'm shedding as much as I saw last night. There were a ton of hairs in the sink. I've also made NEGATIVE progress in regards to my hair these last 4 months. It feels thinner and my hairline looks slightly worse.

Pic of hairs in sink (it looked worse in person):

unnamed_zpsbaed151e.jpg

Or

2.) I lose everything.

The ONLY things I can think of that could possibly have caused this shedding is my use of Cabergoline the last 6 weeks (only one more dose left), or taking finasteride around 7am on weekdays, but around 11-1pm on weekends, or the extra stress from starting a new job recently. Also just started using L-Lysine, but I don't think that would effect my hair.

How is your situation right now?

JHCL1990

Established Member
Reaction score
How is your situation right now?

OP was from a while ago... I stuck with it and I think it got better, but around 6 months or so ago my left temple started to thin out bad. I started taking dutasteride on top of finasteride, which initially made everything twice as bad, but it then got much better after several months. Now it looks like my temple might be thinning out a bit again. It's hard to say. Definitely better now then it was though.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
OP was from a while ago... I stuck with it and I think it got better, but around 6 months or so ago my left temple started to thin out bad. I started taking dutasteride on top of finasteride, which initially made everything twice as bad, but it then got much better after several months. Now it looks like my temple might be thinning out a bit again. It's hard to say. Definitely better now then it was though.
Sounds great man! Hope your results stick.
Can you share your timeline? Need some hope.m

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
When did you take dutasteride, i am on finasteride for 5 months and thinking of adding dutasteride?