Shed with Nizoral

skeevy

Reaction score
I bought Nizoral 2% couple of months back, and only used it 2-3times. Reason was because during both times I noticed a lot of hairs coming off when I scrubbed my scalp and hair. During hairwash, I never scratch my scalp though.

What I'd like to know Is if this normal reaction of nizoral for most of you?

SE-freak

Reaction score
hairs that you watch being shed today, went dormant 3 months ago. If you use Nizoral today and you experience a shed in 3 months from now then yes. It could be nizoral.

Do some reading on the hair cycle.

skeevy

Reaction score
My bad..what I meant to say was that when I used the shampoo few mths ago, I noticed a lots of hair shed immediately on shampooing with nizoral. Is that usual?

SE-freak

Reaction score
skeevy said:
My bad..what I meant to say was that when I used the shampoo few mths ago, I noticed a lots of hair shed immediately on shampooing with nizoral. Is that usual?

the answer remains the same. If i start pulling on my hair, shampooing, brushing e.t.c. the hairs that will shed stopped growing months ago. So what caused them to enter the dormant phase(that could be normal hair anagen phase ending,Telogen Effluvium, chemical damage e.t.c), happened months ago.

I cannot and you cannot assume that Nizoral causes shedding just by witnessing hairs shed during our shampooing routine.

If ketoconazole has a terrible effect on your scalp then if you start using it today, you might start losing hairs in three months because of it.