shed or not? working?

Roopp

Reaction score
guys

i have been on propecia for 10 months i dont think it helped much , maybe maintain it, im not sure,
i shed 30-60 per day

so i started minoxidil last month

and i shed 20-30 on my pillow, average 50 / day

im so confused whether there's any shed or just normal nothing happened,
how can i know?
photo shows not much improvement

tomsmith

Established Member
Reaction score
Regardless of what has happened, quitting Propecia would be a mistake at this point. 10 months is not a lot of time.

Minoxidil will always make you shed to a degree, how could it not? Once you become accustomed to it, the penalty for quitting or laziness e.t.c. is lighter.

Hair density, hairline, strength, pigmentation and texture are all good indications of current condition. Compare now, in a month, in 3 months.

T

Timi

stay on it

and give it time
and see in 2-3Years

my success with finasteride was after 2Years
finasteride works slowly
with minoxidil and good Responder goes this faster

Timi

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
you aremt losing excessive amounts of hair,people without male pattern baldness shed between 100-150 hairs a day anyway

give finasteride at least 15/16 months and the same with rogaine,for me personally i started to see best results after this time.

JonnyX

Reaction score
I never understood the whole 150 hair shed a day thing for the non balding person. I have heard that over and over and think it is bs. I guess I am a wierd shedder because I do not ever see any hairs on my pillow.. Maybe 1 or 2 but all mine falls out while I am washing my hair. I pay close attention to where on my head the hair is coming from and how many. This day for instance was one of my worst days in a while and I lost about 60. I know that through out the day a few more may come out but it is not like I'm losing another 100.

Anyway, not trying to be argumentative but I have always been confused by that estimate for the non balding person.

alkulk

Established Member
Reaction score
JonnyX said:
I never understood the whole 150 hair shed a day thing for the non balding person. I have heard that over and over and think it is bs. I guess I am a wierd shedder because I do not ever see any hairs on my pillow.. Maybe 1 or 2 but all mine falls out while I am washing my hair. I pay close attention to where on my head the hair is coming from and how many. This day for instance was one of my worst days in a while and I lost about 60. I know that through out the day a few more may come out but it is not like I'm losing another 100.

Anyway, not trying to be argumentative but I have always been confused by that estimate for the non balding person.

And - are you balding?

JonnyX

Reaction score
Unfortunately, yes I am and have been for almost 8 years now. But I'm fighting the good fight. :)