Shed hair without the small white bulb?

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is hair shedding of different size lengths without a white bulb a sign of something? Occasionally I’ll shed the white bulb hairs but those are usually full length. Otherwise, I’m shedding hairs, short and somewhat long, without it. Any ideas?

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well do you have a haircut that aligns with that? Odds are not every part of your head has equal length hair.

I shed long hairs from the top of my head and 2-guard hairs from my back and sides.

I dont quite understand the white bulb reference, but perhaps you cannot simply see it on shorter buzzcut hair.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well do you have a haircut that aligns with that? Odds are not every part of your head has equal length hair.

I shed long hairs from the top of my head and 2-guard hairs from my back and sides.

I dont quite understand the white bulb reference, but perhaps you cannot simply see it on shorter buzzcut hair.

That’s true, I have shorter sides and back, especially as it fades down. Well I was wondering if the lack of a white bulb implies it was shedding before it should. Similar to what happens with Telogen Effluvium

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s true, I have shorter sides and back, especially as it fades down. Well I was wondering if the lack of a white bulb implies it was shedding before it should. Similar to what happens with Telogen Effluvium
Yea no idea, apologies.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t think the above answer is correct... define “broken hair” Im sure that follicle will regrow, perhaps thinner, but nonetheless regrow. Define a “broken hair”.