Shed and The Itch.

lmao9955

Reaction score
Hey guys,
It's been five months on Finasteride. Since last month I have started doing cardio six times a week. And since past 20 days my scalp seems inflamed and itchy. As you can probably guess I am shedding now.
Can this be a cyclical Finasteride shed or is the cardio changing my hormone levels?
And do you guys experience the itch through seasonal sheds?

lickawrist

Established Member
Reaction score
Around the 4 month-half year mark, some people do experience a shed on finasteride. I can't really address about the itch and inflammation as I haven't been on finasteride long enough to deduce any sort of pathological reason for it, if any.

I don't think exercising has any effect on hair and from what I've read: cardio lowers testosterone. Intuitively, less testosterone =less dht. You combine that with a 5ar inhibitor and you significantly lower the amount of DHT in your body.

lmao9955

Reaction score
Around the 4 month-half year mark, some people do experience a shed on finasteride. I can't really address about the itch and inflammation as I haven't been on finasteride long enough to deduce any sort of pathological reason for it, if any.

I don't think exercising has any effect on hair and from what I've read: cardio lowers testosterone. Intuitively, less testosterone =less dht. You combine that with a 5ar inhibitor and you significantly lower the amount of DHT in your body.

Thanks man. Thanks a lot for your response.
Anyone else?

g.i joey

Reaction score
since i started back on finasteride a month ago, ive been shedding alot of hair, but im not experiencing any sides, so waiting for the tide to run.

lmao9955

Reaction score
But I don't understand the difference between generic Finasteride and propecia. At the end of the day, they both contain the same things, right?

lmao9955

Reaction score
Naah man the shed is actually the inflammation caused by DHT resulting in your immune cells attacking your own hair. Dandruff is just the outcome of the shed.
My question is does the synchronized shed occur with the itch?