Shed 8 Months Into Minoxidil. Anything To Be Worried About?

justenditalready

My Regimen
Reaction score
Started minoxidil once a day back in January, had a shed that lasted into early February, but once it ended I had very little loss and started some growth. About mid August I started a pretty bad shed. I had started a pretty extreme change in diet for the month, and was also pretty stressed from work but now we're in September and I'm still shedding. Is this a somewhat common thing? Good news, bad news, anything worth thinking about?

Incinerate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you keep the minoxidil away from hot temperatures during summer ? it kills its effectiveness.

Ummwhat

My Regimen
Reaction score
I take minoxidil and finasteride and had the worst shed ever at the 8 month mark. I was sure I was losing any gains I had. It eventually stopped after about 6 to 7 weeks.

rcom440

Reaction score
No worries. You should regrow those hair.
I had sheds on minoxidil every (approx) 7 months for 4 years. Then sheds pretty much stopped or maybe they are not as bad so I don’t notice.

StudyHacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shedding with minoxidil is normal to be honest. It does regrow hair afterwards

Ruby

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I also got a massive shed with minoxidil as a major component of an extreme regimen....transgender HRT with finasteride/dutasteride, spironolactone, estradiol hemihydrate (sublingual), and topical minoxidil. The shedding was soul-crushing. It’s been over two years since then and I’ve since then tapered off the dutasteride and spironolactone and upgraded the estradiol from pills to intramuscularly injected estradiol valerate (Delestrogen). I’ve never really recovered from the big shedding, but still use minoxidil mostly daily or every other day since it is keeping further loss at bay. I’ve recently restarted occasional use of Serioxyl (L’OREAL’s Stemoxydine) and appear to have some new vellus hairs coming back in. Keeping my fingers crossed......