Shed - 1 month on propecia, pics

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've been on propecia for exactly 1 month now, and hairloss has continued. I don't know if this is due to the finasteride or the natural progression of things.

I know my before pics don't match, but it should give you a rough idea of where I was at, one is after I buzzed my head before starting propecia.

Comments Please!

before pics

before1small.jpg
before2small.jpg
DSCN2182.jpg

now (1 month on propecia)

pic2small.jpg
pic3small.jpg
pic1small.jpg

1.jpg
2.jpg

robmartin

Reaction score
You are most likely shedding. The propecia kicked your hairs into the growth phase and the old hairs are falling out. DOn't worry they were going to fall out soon anyway. I'm at 3.5 months and My hair is thinner than it was when I started. However, I see all kinds of new hairs coming. They are the hairs that pushed out the old ones. In a few months you'll be done shedding and the news hairs will be grown in thicker and stronger than before. Hold tight - its a long and slow journey.

treeshrew

Experienced Member
Reaction score
thanks for the encouraging words. 3.5 months and still worse than baseline? oh well, guess i'm in it for the long haul.

Jack82

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, it's too early to say anything about progress, i think your hair looks better and thicker when buzzed. IMHO buzz it again, and grow them out at around 6th-7th month and compare with the baseline pics to see how it works. I've seen many people with the same pattern as you, having good success, but i think you should start minoxidil too, sooner or later...

good luck

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Treeshrew,

just give it time, my friend. Propecia treats the crown better than the other areas.

In my opinion, you're going to see a gradual thickening... New hairs will form in the coming months. (2, 3, 4? Who knows, but the results will come...)

For now, just take care of your scalp with good shampoos. An anti-dandruff shampoo, like Nizoral, is highly recommended for scalp health.