SHBG

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
i apologise in advance if what i'm gonna say is foolish, i was just doing some researches, found that SHBG have a big affinity to bind DHT and free-T ( so it may work in the same way as equol?)

so i was wondering if it was possible to increase your SHBG levels a lot and if it may be effective?

i know that insulin trends to lower SHBG and up free-T so low suger diet may balance levels. heard exercice trends to increase SHBG too, but is there anything else??

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
lol, was half-alcoholic for like 4 years, recession was very slow...

- - - Updated - - -

anything else? :(

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
ho ok thx... i see everything as already been discused on this forum and still the only thing working seems to be the big three... that's depressing

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well it wont do **** . .. asfaik the dht is synthesised locally at your follicle where type II 5AR is there, and T will reach that place no matter how much you increase the shbg, thats what i think anyway. Green tea helps in increasing sbhg btw. get on finasteride and give it a shot bro, i mean i dont wanna push you to do it but as you spend so much time here, honestly that is the only decent long term option. i think even minoxidil is useless. just giving my two cents. best of luck!

frenchy

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah the thing is, i still have a bit of hairline and thick hair so i can hide it with a halflong haircut, im starting to hear things about finasteride like increase testosterone (by inhibiting 5ar) will do more damages... :(

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
asfaik the only harm by increased T is the conversion to estrogen. And its implication is gyno, which is benign so to speak but yes people dont want that shyt. Take a zinc supplement, its a sort of AI but not strong but then again no risk of sides if dosed properly. well dont take finasteride then, i hope it progresses very slowly or halt(wishful thinking :p) for you. but if things go south and you jump a Norwood scale, consider it and do your research now so that you whn you start it you dnt have any doubts

drgs

Banned
Reaction score
zinc is both anti-estrogen and anti-dht, add vitamin b6 which amplifies the effect

tiago59

Reaction score
shbg is very difficult to raise.
Estradiol, thyroids meds can raise shbg, but not too much.
Low shbg is a pb for people on testosterone remplacement therapy, and it's difficult for them to raise it even with lot of T3