Shaving my head

Monkey

Reaction score
I've just started my Regimen and experienced massive shedding, and my hair has started to look thin on top. I'm trying to pluck up the courage to shave my head but this fills me with fear and anxiety, but then again every morning I feel like topping myself when I see the state of my hair.

Has anyone got any advice on how to cope with this and how short to shave my hair? I've never shaved my head before and i'm just worried about the reaction from the people I know. I'm not afraid of losing my hair - i'm just afraid of looking stupid. I wish there was a way of seeing what i'd look like with a shaved head before I actually do it!

Reaction score
I too have been thinking of shaving my head so you are not alone my friend. Trouble is I have a very high forehead and am a slim build, so I should look fresh out of a concentration camp!!!

I know how you feel about the anxiety, I will never be attractive to women again, thats it its all over, I will look about 20 years older etc etc etc.

Im givin it a couple more months of thinkin about it and then Ill probably just do it.

DonaldAnderson

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would say no. It depends on how u look. Like how old u r and what norwood u have. I shaved my head in the middle of a school year and i regreted it. Just get a nice fade.

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
Just do it.

If you dont like it, grab some MSM and Grape Seed Extract and it'll grow back real fast.

emery

Established Member
Reaction score
20sometingtoo said:
Just do it.

If you dont like it, grab some MSM and Grape Seed Extract and it'll grow back real fast.

If hair can grow back real fast nobody is going to shave :eek:

Monkey

Reaction score
For anyone who shaves their head - does it slightly disguise the thinning on the top of the head? I ask because a guy at my work whose hair looked quite thin and was maybe 2 inches long, has cut his hair to about 1cm, and I don't think he looks like he's losing his hair at all. I think I will have to go to a really short shave as I'm receding at the temples as well...

Was anyone pleasantly surprised when they bit the bullet and finally shaved their head?

I know I need to do it, but i'm absolutely terrified.

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
It depends how much loss you have. If it is getting pretty thin you will have to go with a number 1. I went with a number 1 a few months back and after the initial shock I got used to it. You couldn't really tell that I am going bald (I have diffuse thinning all over).

If you don't like it you can always grow it back. It should grow back around half an inch a month. You could also try kelp tablets which are supposed to help your hair grow faster ( http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/health-products ... ts/414362/ ).

You could ask your barber to gradually cut your hair to different lengths to see what each length looks like. It might look good at around an inch long if you haven't diffused too much. It is pretty easy to do it yourself if you have some clippers.

vhtcb

Reaction score
Yeah, I just shaved my head today, sort of. I had it buzzed down to a 2 on the sides and a 3 on top. It was kind of refreshing. I went to the barber and just watched my hair fall away. Could've done it myself but I'm lazier than I am cheap, ha. Anyhow, I just wanted to see where I stood. I thought that my temples had receded although compared to photos 10 years ago my hairline is still the same. I think I must be diffuse thinning overall, no pattern. I worry less about styling the my hair a certain way to hide thinner spots. I'd say give it a shot if.
Good luck.

vhtcb

Reaction score
Yeah, I just shaved my head today, sort of. I had it buzzed down to a 2 on the sides and a 3 on top. It was kind of refreshing. I went to the barber and just watched my hair fall away. Could've done it myself but I'm lazier than I am cheap, ha. Anyhow, I just wanted to see where I stood. I thought that my temples had receded although compared to photos 10 years ago my hairline is still the same. I think I must be diffuse thinning overall, no pattern. I worry less about styling the my hair a certain way to hide thinner spots. I'd say give it a shot.
Good luck.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
the only thing about shaving your head is the lighting affects how you look. In fact it does this for all guys who shave their heads (male pattern baldness or non). if it shines bright on the top and u look at it a certain way you can see way more scalp than on the sides...

nyjrb

Established Member
Reaction score
i really need to find out if i am going bald im just trying to get my post number up sorry
How is getting your post number up going to help you find out if your going bald?

Anyways, I wish I had the balls to shave my head. My hair seems to be getting worst, and I find my self stressing over styling it so nobody notices.