shaved head stopping minoxidil

itchy080

Established Member
Reaction score
last week i suddenly to stop with minoxidil, i felt as if i didnt give propecia a long enough go by itself, strtin minoxidil on month 11, since then i think the minoxidil helped a little but i am def goin through a major shed, but the areas to which i didnt apply minoxidil look better than before, so i shaved my head and noticed a little bear skin part i never head, this is where my hair was really sheddin, will it grow back if i stop the minoxidil?

i know tht may sound like a dumb question

itchy080

Established Member
Reaction score
i know this is a dumb question and i ask a lot of dumb ones here
its just cuz hairloss has made me insane
i truly have convinced myself tht i freaked out when i had my shed from propecia and tht in 3 months off rogaine all will be ok and if not i will simpl go back on
but will tht slick area i have now from the rogaine shed return to normalcy if if i stop the rogaine?

SE-freak

Reaction score
Itchy:

One of the main reasons treatments never pay off to their max is that some people freak out. No- correction- we all freak out. But for some freaking out jeopardizes consistency. You chose to start on minoxidil. Stick with it. A shed on minoxidil leads the way(usually) to new growth. Stopping minoxidil when this new growth is imminent is not something you would really like to do.

itchy080

Established Member
Reaction score
ok im continuing, i think the reason y i have this little slick spot is cuz when the hair tht begain to die-from the minoxidil shed- was dyin i kinda pulled some out on accident, this spot, tht i never ever had before will grow back in no?

itchy080

Established Member
Reaction score
i just want someone to say yes this has happened to me and it has grown back, im just worry im damagin good hair

SE-freak

Reaction score
itchy080 said:
i think the reason y i have this little slick spot is cuz when the hair tht begain to die-from the minoxidil shed- was dyin i kinda pulled some out on accident, this spot, tht i never ever had before will grow back in no?

A sigle hair pull will not destroy a hair follicle. It has to be done over and over- and then again it might survive.

Relax- one accidental pull is not irreversible damage.