Shaved head question!

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I just shaved my head a couple days ago,not to the skin but very close...a number 2 guard.

Has anyone else notice that when you shave your head you dont really think about your hairloss as much?

Plus:now that i did that if i do see a hair its very small not long ...so i almost actually kid myself into believing that i dont have male pattern baldness.

X190

Established Member
Reaction score
I shaved my head to the skin with a Gillete Mach 3 razor yesterday (along with the grain of course), and I do tend to forget about hairloss for a little while. The only time it really starts getting to me it's when either it's very short (about a #1 or #1.5), or very long (about a #7 to #8 guard), which I never have as long anyways... It's all psychological like you said...

XL

Hairybush1

Established Member
Reaction score
Now that the weather has gotten warmer and warmer, the thought of shaving my head again is on my mind. I dont think about hair loss when my head is shaved because I know it was my choice to be bald and not natures.

I imagine that once i want to try and grow my hair back out and it looks like sh*t, I'll wish I never shved it. lol

life's a b**ch.

nomad

Established Member
Reaction score
I am just rocking the longer hair, just not giving as much worry to the situation as I have in the past. It's like 4 inches long now and I just slick it back. I also am only on Propecia now, minoxidil is bad for my scalp. My hair feels good, and people have remarked that they like my hair grown out. It's blonde so it's not so bad.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I found shaving my head very theraputic. Like Blue I found I was finally not self conscious about balding for the first time in months. If youre an early enough diffuser, when its short enough it doesnt look like youre losing it at all.

I also found that if I just kept it really short on the sides, I could grow it out on top.

Axon

Reaction score
If you have a strong vertex, shaving (or buzzing down) the head can really help your perception of your own hairloss.

It's also fast as hell in the mornings, you can literally be ready to go in 10-15 minutes.