Shave head during hair loss period?

ostrich

Reaction score
I just placed an order for Rogaine Foam, and I was thinking of shaving my head so that it won't be as apparent when my hair starts to fall out. Also, it might allow easier access for the foam to reach my scalp. My hair is already very short and I've shaved my head on numerous occasions in the past, so it won't be a dramatic change. Then I'll let it grow back out after a few months. Thoughts? This won't affect the re-growth, will it? Thanks

ostrich

Reaction score
Cool, it's good to know others are thinking about the same thing. I just recently started thinking about doing something about my thinning hair and discovered this forum, so this reassures me that my idea is a good one. Thanks for the reply :)

lain

Established Member
Reaction score
Yah Im thinking of shaving too, just so I dont feel the need to scrutinise my hair everyday... on the other hand it occured to me that I wont be able to tell how my treatment is progessing.

So i decided to leave it alone unless things start looking real bad.

thinning_esteem

Established Member
Reaction score
shaving your head will do the opposite. You can really see your trouble spots abd it will absorb minoxidil better because the hair won't be soaking it all up. It also helps by almost eliminating the effects of shedding. You won't notice it nearly as bad.