Sharing My Experience/ Method That Made Wearing Hs Easier

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Whenever I do anything that is physically demanding my sweat start dripping down on my forehead. Therefore I really concerned about the possibility of keeping the hair system on for more than a week. I followed the majority wearers that keep their hair system on for 7-14 days when I first started wearing 8 months ago. It works fine for me however my scalp feel itchy sometime after few days but it wasn't that bad so I just force myself ignore it. Although I water rinse the system daily when shower but to me it feel like showering with clothes on. Even though I wear a breathable lace , I scare the sweat trap under the hair system base will trigger bacteria start to grow.

After I switched to skin base system a month later and learned the easy way to re-bond with Got2B gel. I can detach and re-bond daily and sleep without the hair system on. I think sleeping with the system on will shorter the lifespan of the system because I need to re-styles the bedhead every morning. Now I sleep without the system on and the hair style will remain fresh on the mannequin head and ready to wear next day. The re-fitting only takes few minutes max and I can have a fresh hairline everyday. The beauty of the Got2B is only need to spay a little water under the back of the system while gently peel off to remove it. Then just use water rinse off the gel on the base without getting the hair wet or messy up the hair style. I only use 91% alcohol to clean the skin base before apply a tiny bit of Got2b gel on it for re-bonding. No more, messy cotton balls, C-22, adhesive solvent remover, soaking system into a alcohol ...... etc. This method make my life so much easier.

Laconian

My Regimen
Reaction score
This method sounds intriguing. I'd definitely prefer sleeping without a system.

Which Got2B gel do you use? Got2B Glued (yellow) or Got2B Ultra Glued (black)?

Can you use this method on a Swiss or French lace system?

What do you mean by "spray a little water under the back of the system while gently peel off to remove it"? How do you lift the back of the system to spray the water if the system is glued down?

In that case do you use Got2B for the hairline as well? And does this mean you completely abandoned the 1522 tape?

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This method sounds intriguing. I'd definitely prefer sleeping without a system.

What do you mean by "spray a little water under the back of the system while gently peel off to remove it"? How do you lift the back of the system to spray the water if the system is glued down?

In that case do you use Got2B for the hairline as well? And does this mean you completely abandoned the 1522 tape?

Got2b Ultra Glued black tube or another alternative is Loreal xtreme hold indestructible gel-glue (I will try this next)

I use this method on french lace and the difference for lace base is apply the gel directly on the scalp instead the of lace base. This video show how to do it on lace.

I can lift the system from the scalp without using any water if I sweat a lot on that day, otherwise just spray some water under the back edge of the system to remove it. watch this video please:

I use Got2B for the whole system including hairline.
I use 1522 tape or Esha absolute adhesive for some outdoor activities such as , cycling, hiking, camping, kayaking, rock climbing..... etc. I can use Got2B for those activities too but 1522 tape or Esha can give a stronger hold and waterproof too.
I use Walker Ultra hold adhesive or Lace front blue tape for extreme outdoor activities such as windsurfing, skydiving, scuba diving..... etc
Read this please:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...m-a-would-be-to-the-pros.123293/#post-1807990

Laconian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer! Very helpful.

I just ordered my first system today from a salon. Lace base and front with a poly edge. I'll get it attached and styled next week or in two weeks using only tape.

I sweat profusely and have a very oily scalp (and still a lot of hair), so this Got2B method has me very intrigued and hopeful.

Keeping my scalp and system fresh and clean, not having to sleep in it every night, and preserving the hairline by removing the system from the back all sounds promising.

What do you use to protect your system from the sun? I plan to spend quite a bit of time in the sun and don't want my system to turn ginger prematurely.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the answer! Very helpful.

I just ordered my first system today from a salon. Lace base and front with a poly edge. I'll get it attached and styled next week or in two weeks using only tape.

I sweat profusely and have a very oily scalp (and still a lot of hair), so this Got2B method has me very intrigued and hopeful.

Keeping my scalp and system fresh and clean, not having to sleep in it every night, and preserving the hairline by removing the system from the back all sounds promising.

What do you use to protect your system from the sun? I plan to spend quite a bit of time in the sun and don't want my system to turn ginger prematurely.

I use Remy silk mist leave in conditioner for UV protection now. I also use 10 Miracle leave in conditioner sometime. I bought The 10 Miracle because this products were the only hair product locked in the case at the stores (Walmart, Target, Wallgreens, Rite Aid...) so I thought this must be a good hair products. Also I read a lot of good review about 10 Miracle. Yes, it made the hair texture soft, shiny, and have UV protection too.

Regarding of you sweat profusely and oily scalp issues. When I used to have hair, my scalp is shiny and sweat a lot so my bio hair gets greasy and flat at the end of the day. I have to shampoo it every morning and spend at least an hour in the bathroom doing my hair every morning. Thank you for the hair system that now I only spend few minutes in the morning to do my hair. Since I have an oily scalp , I bought all kind of strong adhesive and tapes for my first system. I wanted toughness glues that my hair piece won't snap or peel it off easily. I tested most of the mainstream brands and had a very good results. Later on, it turned out I really don't need those strong glues even though I have an oily skin and pouring sweat over the forehead. As I've mentioned in other posts that the only time I need those strong adhesives/tapes is when I go snorkeling , jumping off diving board or do some extreme sports.

Last edited:

kyuss

My Regimen
Reaction score
I absolutely agree about taking it off at night. I got my first system installed back in January of this year, I was wearing it for 10 days to two weeks at a time and found it to be much too irritating to deal with. The constant itching and knowing a foreign object was going to be attached to my body for weeks at a time made me very uncomfortable and anxious. Trying to sleep with it on my head never felt right either, and like you say the morning bedhead was not worth dealing with.

I now use a much less aggressive tape I get from my local salon around the front and back of the unit and that's all I need for day to day use. I take it off every night and reapply new tape as needed, usually every 2-3 days. No solvents or messy clean up required. It only takes about 2 minutes to take the old tape off and put some new strips on. Everyone has their own method, but I find hanging up my unit every night is the easiest. I have the exact same hair style in the morning as I had the night before.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just be aware that daily removal will cause additional wear and tear on your system, which can lead to a shorter lifespan. If you are using a weaker bond there is more of a potential for the system to shift, or not stay on during wind, rain, etc.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just be aware that daily removal will cause additional wear and tear on your system, which can lead to a shorter lifespan. If you are using a weaker bond there is more of a potential for the system to shift, or not stay on during wind, rain, etc.

@BaldBearded ,
I have to disagree with you on this. Daily (or every 2-3 days) re-attach and sleep without the hair piece on actually can extended the lifespan of the system. I've already mentioned that on other posts that Got2B glue sticks well and hold really tight even on the 3rd day on my oily scalp. The Walker 1522 tape holds like cement for even more days and also super easy to remove and clean up. I feel really luckily that my body chemistry has been good even though I have an oily scalp and sweat a lot. I just don't want to marinated my scalp under the hair system for too long.

Got2b on skinbase

nick2788

My Regimen
Reaction score
@BaldBearded ,
I have to disagree with you on this. Daily (or every 2-3 days) re-attach and sleep without the hair piece on actually can extended the lifespan of the system. I've already mentioned that on other posts that Got2B glue sticks well and hold really tight even on the 3rd day on my oily scalp. The Walker 1522 tape holds like cement for even more days and also super easy to remove and clean up. I feel really luckily that my body chemistry has been good even though I have an oily scalp and sweat a lot. I just don't want to marinated my scalp under the hair system for too long.

Got2b on skinbase

How can that expand the life of the system? The sheer act of taking it off and reattaching it shortens the life span.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a UTS that I cleanup/refit every 10 to 14 days. I never remove it completely - I do the 50/50 method so that I don't have to mess around with realigning it, and this saves me a lot of time and stress.

Anyway I was just going to say that I find UTS quite strong, in that it doesn't tear easily. It tends to stretch if you pull it, and you have to pull hard to tear it.

I always thought SFS or even regular Swiss Lace would be more vulnerable to tears that UTS was. But I haven't ever worn lace.

I must admit, UTS is incredibly easy to maintain!

Back to the topic of this thread: with my first system I used to 'maintain' it more often, and I found that this shed the hairs a lot faster. Even my salon told me that I should 'leave the hair alone' as much as possible, because the more we mess with it the more it will shed.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
UTS july1519 k.jpg UTS july1519 c.jpg UTS july1519 a.jpg UTS july1519 j.jpg

The photos here is from this morning after 2 hours at the gym. I've been wearing this 0.03mm UTS for 6 weeks now and still looks good as new. I wear this UTS daily and keep it on between 1 to 3 days depending on my sweating level. I've had a good experience with my last system 0.06mm SFS which is a little tougher. I wore that SFS for over 6 months and the hair quality and skin base seems to be still in good shape (Surprised it last that long). I think if you use strong glues or tapes like Walker Ultra Hold , Lace Front Support Tape, Ghostbond or any strong adhesives on the UTS or SFS bases will shorten the lifespan of the system. Also, De & rebond too much with those strong adhesives increase the chance of tearing the base too. IMHO, 7 things I won't do in order to extend the lifespan of the skin systems.

1. Don't use blow dryer.
2. Don't over washing the system.
3. Don't use regular hair brush (I only use detangler brush and wide tooth pick)
4. Don't sleep on it.
5. Don't swim on it.
6. Don't use hair spray.
7. Don't use strong adhesives.
Use Got2b or light non residue tapes (Example Walker 1522 tape)

powerguy2011

Reaction score
View attachment 123579 View attachment 123580 View attachment 123581 View attachment 123582

The photos here is from this morning after 2 hours at the gym. I've been wearing this 0.03mm UTS for 6 weeks now and still looks good as new. I wear this UTS daily and keep it on between 1 to 3 days depending on my sweating level. I've had a good experience with my last system 0.06mm SFS which is a little tougher. I wore that SFS for over 6 months and the hair quality and skin base seems to be still in good shape (Surprised it last that long). I think if you use strong glues or tapes like Walker Ultra Hold , Lace Front Support Tape, Ghostbond or any strong adhesives on the UTS or SFS bases will shorten the lifespan of the system. Also, De & rebond too much with those strong adhesives increase the chance of tearing the base too. IMHO, 7 things I won't do in order to extend the lifespan of the skin systems.

1. Don't use blow dryer.
2. Don't over washing the system.
3. Don't use regular hair brush (I only use detangler brush and wide tooth pick)
4. Don't sleep on it.
5. Don't swim on it.
6. Don't use hair spray.
7. Don't use strong adhesives.
Use Got2b or light non residue tapes (Example Walker 1522 tape)
Doing the mentioned above will make it a normal take it off-on wig and might hit ur lifestyle quality

Noah

Reaction score
Every man to his own, of course. No offence to anyone, but personally I wouldn't want to be taking my system off every night before bed. Too much like an old fashioned toupee - I get this image of a guy putting his thick 70's style rug and false teeth on the night stand. I want to put my system on and subliminally think of it as my own natural hair. One of the great advances in hair replacement in the last decade is that with the lightweight breathable bases and strong glues you can now do that. My self-image is as a guy with a full head of hair now - sometimes I look at myself when my system is off and it seems like someone else. Also, I want to be able to have company around for the evening and know that even after a bit of spontaneous rough and tumble the system is going to look normal and authentic. Surely if the piece is loose enough to be taken off every night, you are not going to have confidence in it staying on in those circumstances?

Also, as Nick said above, I would be concerned that the continual putting on and taking off would end up stretching the base, and lead to wrinkles and a less snug fit.

Noah

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Every man to his own, of course. No offence to anyone, but personally I wouldn't want to be taking my system off every night before bed. Too much like an old fashioned toupee - I get this image of a guy putting his thick 70's style rug and false teeth on the night stand. I want to put my system on and subliminally think of it as my own natural hair. One of the great advances in hair replacement in the last decade is that with the lightweight breathable bases and strong glues you can now do that. My self-image is as a guy with a full head of hair now - sometimes I look at myself when my system is off and it seems like someone else. Also, I want to be able to have company around for the evening and know that even after a bit of spontaneous rough and tumble the system is going to look normal and authentic. Surely if the piece is loose enough to be taken off every night, you are not going to have confidence in it staying on in those circumstances?

Also, as Nick said above, I would be concerned that the continual putting on and taking off would end up stretching the base, and lead to wrinkles and a less snug fit.

Noah

I guess I'm just over worry the sweat get stuck on my scalp and trigger bacterial growth since I sweat a lot. Good things that I found out my body chemistry allow me to keep the system on for couple weeks with no bad reactions. My scalp didn't get irritated or too itch so I can always switch back keep the system on for few weeks.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Noah

FUNNY LMHO
I guess I am like Noah, but respect hairnewbie desire for skeaky clean scalp.

One aspect to also consider, the effects of glue chemicals on our bodies...giving the scalp an 8 hour rest per day isn't a bad thing..

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not sure what the ingredients are but it is a styling gel for hair..

I went to high school in the 80's. Most guys and girls would use heavy amounts of mousse, hair gel and hairspray daily. I haven't heard hair gel are bad for the scalp or health. I only use tiny bit of Got2B daily now and then wash it off at night (some days keep it for couple days). I hope Got2B is harmless.