Shampoos and topical products - do any of them work?

79BirdofPrey

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

Facebook seems to be spamming me with hair re-growth products...must be targeted now that I'm 34 :\

Anyways, does anyone have experience with these products and what are results like? I'm seeing DS Laboratories (has a topical spray with Nanoixdil and a shampoo with CBD) and More Hair Naturally (some topical with stem cells and other stuff) popping up a lot.

If not these, are there others with positive results? Feedback appreciated!

79BirdofPrey

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all,

Thank you for your replies. I figured that would be the case, but thought I would ask if anyone tried them anyways.

Seems the best topical remains Minoxidil?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
In terms of shampoos, the best hair-loss preventing ingredient by far is ketoconazole. It has the most solid research behind it.
One classic ketoconazole shampoo is Nizoral, but that one makes your hair look dried out and awful. Another one is Regenepure DR, which is more expensive, but your hair looks good after that one, especially if you combine it with the conditioner Regenepure NT.

These shampoos are the "best" ones, but they still aren't very good, and at best can achieve a very modest effect, if any. I wouldn't be surprised, frankly, if the effect is not even visible, though it's hard to say.

Another option are shampoos that do nothing about hairloss, but simply make your hair look thicker. Good options here are the Toppik Hair Building Shampoo and Conditioner.
Problem is that Keto is covered by insurance. Granted, shampoo doesn't cost a lot. I do agree that keto strips the hair of most sebum which was fine for me before but now I want my sebum to coat the entire strand and brushing is healthy if we aren't in an actually balding or shedding state. It might move much of it off your scalp and instead onto your hair where presumably, the yeasts and bacteria struggle to reach and you starve the colonies which lowers inflammation so it's a cycle but copious brushing is what I do now and yes, a lot comes out but the trend is positive plus those that come out are usually defective or malformed for me at this state.

Janey

ChrisK9662

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just wanna know which shampoo and conditioner is most gentle and safe for thinning hair. I know no shampoo aside from some with Keto in it like Nizoral will actually help with hairloss but what shampoo/conditioner can I use alongside Nizoral that wont hurt the scalp/hair.

Is Regenepure the best option?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just wanna know which shampoo and conditioner is most gentle and safe for thinning hair. I know no shampoo aside from some with Keto in it like Nizoral will actually help with hairloss but what shampoo/conditioner can I use alongside Nizoral that wont hurt the scalp/hair.

Is Regenepure the best option?
Johnson's Baby Shampoo and conditioner. Janey just uses water and lots.
Best,
Janey

rippedgenius

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is definitely research behind Keto shampoos' having some type of anti DHT properties and reducing inflammation, but using Nizoral as an example, I find that after it leaves my hair very dry and rough. Basically Regenepure uses core ingredients like Minoxidil and vitamins like Biotin.

Ultimately for the most effective regime, you want to:
- Use a shampoo which has some type of DHT reducing evidence like Nizoral or T/Gel
- Use Minoxidil twice a day
- Maintain a diet that reduces inflammation (good fats, fish oils, curcumin, etc)
- Optionally take something like Propecia which is to this day one of the most proven methods of blocking DHT in the scalp. Unfortunately it also has system wide side effects.

My recommendation is to stick with the proven basics, and don't waste your money on "special formulas" which all include the mentioned ingredients above one way or another.

rippedgenius

My Regimen
Reaction score
Regenepure doesn't contain Minoxidil.
You're right the shampoo doesn't, their other products do but ultimately it's still trying to achieve the same result of blocking DHT and stimulating growth by using Ketoconazole and other ingredients with limited data to prove efficacy.

Better off saving money and just trying a more proven routine like what I suggested in earlier post.