Shampoo Wisely

vq0

Established Member
Reaction score
I think it is important to call attention to a possible culprit for hair loss lying in our very own shampoo bottles: Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate. This ingredient is added to shampoos and other products because it is a foamer. While being good at its job, the compound also strips moisture from skin and has a negative impact on hair. I remember reading a study showing that people whose toothpastes lacked SLS had 80% lower incidences of gum bleeding. Anyway, I think it is important to use a shampoo without SLS. The most interesting one I have found is called "Woody's" and it is a tea-tree oil shampoo with lots of other goodies such as hemp-seed oil. I believe that using an SLS-free shampoo such as Woody's in combination with revita (i believe this is also SLS free) can have a tremendous effect on hair quality. I am now questioning whether the shampoos I have used such as Pantene Pro V and Baby Shampoo in order to strengthen my hair may have actually been damaging it.

What shampoo do you currently use? Also, has anyone on this board used SLS-free shampoo prior to noticing their male pattern baldness?

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
OK....shall I be the first one to tell him this........

This topic has been discussed many times on this board.

There is no connection at all with hair loss & Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate.

The so called connection is usually made by manufacturers of so called natural shampoos such as the one you mention.

However if you are looking for a shampoo to help with hair loss look into Nizoral which is the recommended shampoo on this site, it actually has science to support its use & will be of more benefit to you than Woody's.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
baby shampoo doesnt have SLS or SLES....Shampoos dont cause hairloss, if they did EVERYONE would be bald including women and children....is the "horseshoe" immune to SLS?

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm not an expert about anything, but to summarily dismiss people opinions because they aren't the sole cause of hair loss, or the sole cure, is, I think, rather obnoxious. There's nothing wrong with taking a holistic approach to hairloss, or advocating. Moist scalp = good environment for hair regrowth/maintenance? Who am I to argue with it. I'm glad there is no SLS in Revita because a biochemist who I put faith into thinks SLS is bad. I can't remember why, but she recommends decyl glucoside. Revita uses cocoglucoside.

"In Revita I trust"

(I love saying that)

(I swear I'm not a Revita shill!)

G

Follically Challenged said:
Well, I'm not an expert about anything, but to summarily dismiss people opinions because they aren't the sole cause of hair loss, or the sole cure, is, I think, rather obnoxious. There's nothing wrong with taking a holistic approach to hairloss, or advocating. Moist scalp = good environment for hair regrowth/maintenance? Who am I to argue with it. I'm glad there is no SLS in Revita because a biochemist who I put faith into thinks SLS is bad. I can't remember why, but she recommends decyl glucoside. Revita uses cocoglucoside.

"In Revita I trust"

(I love saying that)

Hey Revita shill, can you tell me how I open the bottle? It's got this plastic thing on top.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Push down the one (smaller side) which makes the larger side come up. On the outside is the holes for where the shampoo exists. Squeeze bottle. (Took me a couple minutes to figure it out.)

G

Push down the one (smaller side) which makes the larger side come up. On the outside is the holes for where the shampoo exists. Squeeze bottle. (Took me a couple minutes to figure it out.)

Got it, thanks. What a stupidly designed bottle. Why couldn't they just make it in a Nano like bottle?

I'm gonna be using this 5 days a week(Mon, Tues, Weds, Sat, Sun), with Nano on 4 days (Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun). What do you think? I'll be showering twice on the weekend days for this and I'll be using a cheap Dove shampoo to prewash with for 10 seconds every day and I'll follow the expensive shampoo(Nano or Revita) with a cheap Dove conditioner.

This along with the Avodart every day should be a pretty good regimen, right?

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayMan said:

Got it, thanks. What a stupidly designed bottle. Why couldn't they just make it in a Nano like bottle?

I'm gonna be using this 5 days a week(Mon, Tues, Weds, Sat, Sun), with Nano on 4 days (Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun). What do you think? I'll be showering twice on the weekend days for this and I'll be using a cheap Dove shampoo to prewash with for 10 seconds every day and I'll follow the expensive shampoo(Nano or Revita) with a cheap Dove conditioner.

You know what they say, dutasteride and Revita, the Titanic Two.

G

JayMan said:
[quote="Follically Challenged":1558b]Push down the one (smaller side) which makes the larger side come up. On the outside is the holes for where the shampoo exists. Squeeze bottle. (Took me a couple minutes to figure it out.)

You know what they say, dutasteride and Revita, the Titanic Two.[/quote:1558b]

Eh what do you think of the Nano? I know I said it hasnt' regrown sh*t for me but to be honest I haven't used it regularly, and Bryan insists it will have a similar regrowth effect as minoxidil, so maybe I should. What do you think about that?

And who calls those two the Titanic two? Do you really think that the apple poly and copper peptides and caffeine in this Revita, for example, will regrow hair? i don't wanna use this for maintenance only because I have dutasteride and regular nizoral that I could use instead of revita(both have keto obviously) for this. i bought revita because i want regrowth from it or at least some thickening, and i suspect you do too?

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
JayMan said:
JayMan said:
[quote="Follically Challenged":85c1a]Push down the one (smaller side) which makes the larger side come up. On the outside is the holes for where the shampoo exists. Squeeze bottle. (Took me a couple minutes to figure it out.)

You know what they say, dutasteride and Revita, the Titanic Two.

Eh what do you think of the Nano? I know I said it hasnt' regrown $#iT for me but to be honest I haven't used it regularly, and Bryan insists it will have a similar regrowth effect as minoxidil, so maybe I should. What do you think about that?

And who calls those two the Titanic two? Do you really think that the apple poly and copper peptides and caffeine in this Revita, for example, will regrow hair? i don't wanna use this for maintenance only because I have dutasteride and regular nizoral that I could use instead of revita(both have keto obviously) for this. i bought revita because i want regrowth from it or at least some thickening, and i suspect you do too?[/quote:85c1a]

In the other post you said that you knew everything and that you didnt need help anymore...but you are firing away with questions like larry king!! lol....just bustin ya buddy. ;)

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score

"In Revita I trust"

(I love saying that)

Well, if you think SLS is bad...does the Ketoconazole shampoo you were using contain it (if its nizoral then it does)? I Know in your regimen you list that you use Dr. P's NANO that contains SLES.

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
[quote="Follically Challenged":9ba1f]Well, I'm not an expert about anything, but to summarily dismiss people opinions because they aren't the sole cause of hair loss, or the sole cure, is, I think, rather obnoxious. There's nothing wrong with taking a holistic approach to hairloss, or advocating. Moist scalp = good environment for hair regrowth/maintenance? Who am I to argue with it. I'm glad there is no SLS in Revita because a biochemist who I put faith into thinks SLS is bad. I can't remember why, but she recommends decyl glucoside. Revita uses cocoglucoside.

"In Revita I trust"

(I love saying that)

Well, if you think SLS is bad...does the Ketoconazole shampoo you were using contain it (if its nizoral then it does)? I Know in your regimen you list that you use Dr. P's NANO that contains SLES.[/quote:9ba1f]

Yeah, they both use it. I wasn't too happy to see it there. I was happy to see Revita does not use it. And the only reason I think it's bad is because someone much smarter than me said so. So don't be busting my balls, I'm not some anti SLS zealot, I just heed advice from my intellectual superiors, when it's advice I can take.

HairRebirth

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys,

just a question..: I use ketoconazole 2% 3/week. The other 4 days I use thickening sampoos like the Thicker Fuller Hair and the Nutrasome.

I have read all these medical researches that use T/GEL and I am wondering if I would have any positive result by using T/gel (with coal tar) one day per week. I struggle to use it more often cause of these opinions about cancer (and cause there is also a cancer situation in my close family). Furthermore, this T/Gel has a very very strong smell!!!

As for the T/Sal (salicilyc acid) I cant find it..

thanks and sorry for my english...