Shampoo/Conditoner

jd_uk

Reaction score
How important is it to use a shampoo and conditioner? This is something I've just never done and (maybe unsurprisingly?) I've always had very thin hair.

Does it even matter at all with male pattern baldness?

Thanks

G35guy

Reaction score
I,ve been using Regenepure nt/dr. I dont like to use traditional conditoners. They make my hair to soft and fly away,then my hairloss is more obvious. The dr version of Regenepure doesnt have that fly away effect on my hair. Avalon biotin thickening shampoo also works well for me.

G35guy

Reaction score
jd_uk said:
thanks for the reply but doesn't really answer my question.
Some people like to use conditoner,It makes there hair look and feel good,not me. I cant speak for you,how far advanced Is your hair loss? If It's a nw5+ I would not think anything would really make that much difference. Im around 2.5-3,so a good shampoo helps my hair look It's best. Not everyone here has the same degree of mph, hope this helps.:)

jd_uk

Reaction score
I'm not really talking about the 'look' of the hair...i was really just querying whether hair loss could have been increased as a result of never using shampoo/conditioner.

oh and I'm 27 and have had a receding hairline with slight crown thinning for a couple of years. Not sure of the Norwood...am going to post pics soon.

cristi2011

Established Member
Reaction score
No, not using a shampoo/conditioner cannot affect your hair.
In fact, in may be the opposite, because 99% of shampoos and conditioners contain bad chemicals(SLS, parabens, etc), that may harm your hair.

G35guy

Reaction score
bgd07 said:
No, not using a shampoo/conditioner cannot affect your hair.
In fact, in may be the opposite, because 99% of shampoos and conditioners contain bad chemicals(SLS, parabens, etc), that may harm your hair.
:agree: well said. This Is why I like to use SLS,parabens free shampoos. I've been using Regenepure NT/DR for about five months,makes my scalp/ hair feel and look much healthier. Avalon organic biotin shampoo Is also very good.