Shampoo & Conditioner: Revita and Redken. Long term effects?

AlexD

Reaction score
I plan on trying these out just to see the cosmetic effects first (cosmetic meaning literally right when I dry the hair to make sure if it looks good. Thick hair is fine and dandy but I don't want to look terrible for the 6-12 months it would need to be fully effective, haha).

Regardless, the question I have is this: Revita has the same active ingredient as Nizoral 1% for treating dandruff. While the 2% Nizoral has been shown to be more effective, 1% has an effect on hair regrowth, does it not?

And if one were to stop using the shampoo and/or conditioner, would hair gained from those be lost? Or is it the same as Minoxidil, where those hairs will remain as long as you stay on your regimen (which for me is 1.66g finasteride a day + 2ml of Rogaine)

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
AlexD said:
I plan on trying these out just to see the cosmetic effects first (cosmetic meaning literally right when I dry the hair to make sure if it looks good. Thick hair is fine and dandy but I don't want to look terrible for the 6-12 months it would need to be fully effective, haha).

Regardless, the question I have is this: Revita has the same active ingredient as Nizoral 1% for treating dandruff. While the 2% Nizoral has been shown to be more effective, 1% has an effect on hair regrowth, does it not?

And if one were to stop using the shampoo and/or conditioner, would hair gained from those be lost? Or is it the same as Minoxidil, where those hairs will remain as long as you stay on your regimen (which for me is 1.66g finasteride a day + 2ml of Rogaine)

Stay well clear of Revita, I lost ground using it, as have others. As soon as I started using it, my cowlick at the back of my head grew bigger (stopped growing as soon as I stopped using it). If you want a good shampoo invest into nano shampoo!

flamingpie

Established Member
Reaction score
i just started using revita about 3 weeks ago. I just really wanted to add something to my regime, so ive been using it twice a week, as well as using nizoral twice a week.
During the first few times using it it made my hair look worse, and i was shedding quite alot when applying. But now theres no more shedding and my hair looks normal after applying.
I honestly dont understand the people who say that it made their hair worse. Its a shampoo designed to aid your hairloss.....why would it have the opposite effect. Worse case scenario it would just have no effect at all.
So in my opinion it wouldnt hurt to give revita a try. It is pretty pricey though. Once i finish my bottle im gonna decide whether or not to continue use. All depends on how long the bottle lasts for, and what, if any, effect it has on my hair.

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
flamingpie said:
i just started using revita about 3 weeks ago. I just really wanted to add something to my regime, so ive been using it twice a week, as well as using nizoral twice a week.
During the first few times using it it made my hair look worse, and i was shedding quite alot when applying. But now theres no more shedding and my hair looks normal after applying.
I honestly dont understand the people who say that it made their hair worse. Its a shampoo designed to aid your hairloss.....why would it have the opposite effect. Worse case scenario it would just have no effect at all.
So in my opinion it wouldnt hurt to give revita a try. It is pretty pricey though. Once i finish my bottle im gonna decide whether or not to continue use. All depends on how long the bottle lasts for, and what, if any, effect it has on my hair.

Keto burn; also some argue the caffine fries your hair. My hair certainly got worse with it, cowlick at the back got bigger - with others their hair worsened in varying ways:

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/mess ... adid=67798

A better shampoo is nano.

AlexD

Reaction score
I'm shedding a bit but I see a ton of short hairs, so I don't know. I'll update in another 5 months or so... haha