Shall i start DIM (Diindolylmethan) ?

amsch

Reaction score
Hi there guys.

Been taking finasteride for 4 1/2 months. Had to stop due some side effects. While i was on finasteride my estrogene lvl exploded. After quitting for 2-3 months, my estradiol was back to normal,
BUT: My testosterone was much lower than before. I want to rise it as my libido is pretty low.

I thought about taking finasteride as it should rise testosterone and decrease the "bad" estrogene. I also heard that it could be acting as an anti-androgen, therefore be beneficial for hairloss.

What do you guys think about this? any experiences?

amsch

Reaction score
Here something of my bloodwork 2 months ago.

Testosterone: 4,43 ng/ml (2,40-8,27) (While 3 months on finasteride my testosterone was on 8 ng/ml)

estradiol: 29,2 pg/ml (11,6-41,2) (While 3 months on finasteride my estradiolwas on 82 ng/ml. As you see, finasteride's not good for me, as my estrogen lvl exploded while on it.)

Do you guys think that even DIM could be risky for me, as i seem to be very sensitive to hormonal products?

Mane Man

Reaction score
Started DIM mself recently due to high estradiol.
That is total test? Should get SHBG or bioavailable t. done to see what your levels are. Either way id say getting your test up and your estradiol down may not be any harm.
With DIM they say you need to judge the dose carefully, been told that getting morning wood indicates that your on correct dose, when you overshoot your libido suffers.

mikemass

Reaction score
As with many things medical and hormonal, I don't think there is a clear answer on DIM. Some people believe it helps to metabolize the "bad" estrogen (estradiol). Others believe it does nothing at all.

I myself tried it for a month or so since I've been dealing with low testosterone in different ways. Can't say that I saw much difference in the way I felt. I did not do any blood work before and after taking it, however.

I also take zinc and resveratrol since those are purported to act as aromatase inhibitors (substances that prevent the conversion of testosterone to estradiol). Again, can't say I'm seeing spectacular results. But so long as you aren't exceeding recommended dosages I doubt you'd be doing much harm in trying them, except to your wallet.

Best of luck,

Mike M.

barcafan

Reaction score
amsch said:
barcafan said:
Take aromasin, trust me.

are you taking that? sounds risky to me

I'm about to. I developed a little bit of gyno on finasteride, Aromasin is the BEST AR inhibitor you could take (Besides Letrozole -- Which is f*****g strong).

Dude i'm pretty sure on DIM(By the mechanism in which it inhibits Aromatase) that there's actually an INCREASED chance to develop Gyno.