SH*T! Massive loss from gap in finasteride use

youngguy_uk

Established Member
Reaction score
ooops.

i started finasteride about 1 yr 5 months ago, and have had some pretty good results over that time. however, towards the later stages of my treatment, ive had two spells of not being on finasteride, just because i got busy/lazy and didnt order it in time. both of these spells were just under a month.

the first one i got away with. the last little break has obviously damaged my crown badly....sh*t!

glad to say ive got another batch of finasteride in. and am never going off the stuff temporarily again! the haircut before the last one i had, showed a tight crown but with thinning above it...i can cover this up though. the last haircut i just had, after this spell of not being on finasteride...sh*t!! no tight crown at all!!!!

what im hoping is that being back on the finasteride now will sort me out, and il be on it regularly for a long time to come.

do you think (a) being off the finasteride for that month couldve caused the big crown loss? or merely male pattern baldness accelerating? seems like a massive acceleration if so!! and (b) can i regain the hair that i lost in that month by staying on finasteride regularly from now.

aaargh!!

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
u have to examie your situation of your hair before u started finasteride.

if u were having acclerated loss of hair before finasteride, then i think now it may not make a difference since if u didnt take the finasteride, u sowuld what u are now when stopeed it.

If your hair loss was mild before starting finasteride and now u have it worse after temporarily stopping finasteride, it might be a case of AR upregulation OR it might also be a case of hair loss acclerating to a large exten if u were not on finasteride from the very beginning. Just that the finasteride had halted it.

Just my thoughtd

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
youngguy_uk said:
my hairloss was pretty darn quick. when i got on the finasteride, it did wonders...

WHich means u are not a slow gradual hairloss sufferer. It means u are the type who go bald overnight

this also means that when u stop finasteride, It will also do "wonders".

chewbacca

Reaction score
i experienced the same thing. the finasteride i ordered from overseas took forever to get here a couple of months ago. ever since, my hair loss seems to have accelerated - especially in the crown (where it was never noticable before). i've stepped up my regimen from 1/5 fincar to 1/4 fincar to be sure this was the cause of accelerated loss rather than missing dht. :?