sh*t, im depressed. dont know what to do.

ronaldkia

Established Member
Reaction score
Man im depressed, i dont know what to do. I dont have motivation to even workout anymore. And not so much for my stupid retail store job. What do i do?

mu0325

Established Member
Reaction score
you have three options:

1. hold on there as there are ups and downs.

2. try to improve yourself your life. Get a degree. get on with your baldness and have confident.

3. or the easiest option shoot yourself in the head. you wont feel it. less than a second you will be in helll :D

Goingat20

Reaction score
look into getting help. There is also very good medication that might help your situation

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Stop.

Relax and take a deep breath.

You're having anxiety and you need to stop right now and regroup yourself.

Now, explain to us what the problem is.

Write down your problem, and tell us what's bothering you.

I hope that this little exercise can start helping you.

ronaldkia

Established Member
Reaction score
Wha? you trying to help me? Man F*** you!

ronaldkia

Established Member
Reaction score
lol just kidding. No, altought it affects me, it is not really a huge reason why im depressed. ive been depressed before all this balding stuff. How does getting a degree will help me get off depression? Yah i feel like i have no goals, i have trouble concentrating at school, so i dropped out of college a few years ago. Plus i never had a gf, which i longed for since high school i guess. And yah ive been on 5 different mental meds. im not gonna do them again.

IBM

Reaction score
mu0325 said:
2. try to improve yourself your life. Get a degree. get on with your baldness and have confident.

I've got a very good degree. But it doesnt make me more confident though it sould.

Nathaniel

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ronaldkia said:
lol just kidding. No, altought it affects me, it is not really a huge reason why im depressed. ive been depressed before all this balding stuff. How does getting a degree will help me get off depression? Yah i feel like i have no goals, i have trouble concentrating at school, so i dropped out of college a few years ago. Plus i never had a gf, which i longed for since high school i guess. And yah ive been on 5 different mental meds. im not gonna do them again.

It looks like balding is just the icing on the cake for you. You need to treat your depression first, hairloss is just making you feel worst. Get counseling.

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
Nothing has ever made me feel better about losing hair.

I have found no acceptance. No "moving on and trying to improve my appearance in other ways," when I feel bad about my hair the only thing on my mind is blowing off my f*****g head.

It is just how it is for me.

I do not think that I have ever come across someone who is bald and has truely accepted it. They all wish that they had hair and feel somewhat ashamed and embarassed because they have lost some.

ceee

Established Member
Reaction score
blueshard said:
I do not think that I have ever come across someone who is bald and has truely accepted it. They all wish that they had hair and feel somewhat ashamed and embarassed because they have lost some.

You're projecting your feelings about baldness onto others. Plenty of people do not care about their hair at all and accept balding as something that is out of their control.

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ceee,

where's your finasteride?

MPBWarrior

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ceee said:
MPBWarrior said:
ceee,

hanging out with your minoxidil.

LOL! r u afraid of the sides? if u havent tried it yet, i highly recommend u start taking it. its by far the best thing we have for male pattern baldness (together with dutasteride but that's more dangerous).

ceee

Established Member
Reaction score
MPBWarrior said:
ceee said:
MPBWarrior said:
ceee,

hanging out with your minoxidil.

LOL! r u afraid of the sides? if u havent tried it yet, i highly recommend u start taking it. its by far the best thing we have for male pattern baldness (together with dutasteride but that's more dangerous).

I know, I'm seeing a derm in two weeks to talk about it. Truthfully though, I'm not willing to risk any sort of side effect like impotence or manbreasts, even at a supposed 1 out of 50 chance.

Plus, I already shaved off all my hair, and I'm not really missing it.

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ronaldkia, i thought you were hard at work rewriting all of our medical books and proving that hair loss is caused by jerking off, or thinking too much, or being shy, or having short limbs, or not being funny, or by facial oils, or having a competitive career, or walking out of synch, or everything else under the sun.

I mean seriously, i was positive you were well on your way to becoming a doctor.

maybe if u acted ur age and got your career going whether that means going back to school or getting a good job, you could put your focus somewhere positive instead of making 10 polls a day at 25 years old like you used to.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
ronaldkia said:

I see...

So, you admit to being depressed even before hairloss?

Thank you for sharing that with us.

Now, do you think it would be in your best interest to talk to a doctor and get help. It's really hard to admit your shortcomings at first, but you will start to become a stronger person with a brighter life.

I've been there myself, Ronaldkia. I was only 19 when I had a baldspot. I dropped out of college, TWICE, and am finally striving to finish my credits.

A degree is something you can focus on when you're ready. But first, I really think you should treat your depression, whether that be through therapy, anti-depressants/anti-anxiety, meditation, philosophy... or whatever. Depression, my friend, is treatable and curable.

I think when it comes down to it, you're writing this post because you want to change.

Why not try to?

I know how frustrating it is to not have a girlfriend at this point in your life, but you're young! You can still go get 'em.

I hope that this isn't coming down on you too fast.

s.a.f

Reaction score
It's easy to say change your life but I'm sure the thing he wants to change most is his hair. I think its fair to say that hairloss is harder to accept for young single guys. For me I have no interest in getting more education or improving my career those things just dont interest me.
Also I dont think that there's anything that a doctor could give me that would help me out. finasteride is more than enough medication for me. I think there's a lot of young guys on here (like Ronaldkia) who's lives are stuck in a rut.

michael barry

Reaction score
Ronaldkia,

Let me make a suggestion. Hear me out. Baldness is profoundly troubling you I can tell. Until cloning comes out (which I think will be about five years), you might buy a bottle of folligen and Pickart's emu oil fortified with saw pametto. Use both every day to help cut DHT transcription and remodel the scalp skin, making the scalp in the best condition possible for when HM is here. Keep your head buzzed or shaved in the mean time, while working on a graduate degree or starting a business, or working some extra hours, getting in super shape, or all of the above. Give yourself some personal goals. Women LOVE a man with a purpose.

G

michael barry said:
Ronaldkia,
Give yourself some personal goals. Women LOVE a man with a purpose.

All of what Michael barry said was good, but that last part is the most important for a lot of guys on here. Don't let hairloss control you.