Sexual sides now kickin in. Will it get better or worse?

youngbaldie

Established Member
Reaction score
I am almost 2 weeks into Propecia. First few days, had some bad stomach pains, now they are completely gone.

But now, my dick is COMPLETELY limp. I can't get an erection at all no matter how hard or long I try. Before propecia I had no problems getting hard, great sex drive.

I don't mean to scare others. I guess I am one of the unlucky 2%, so chances are, it won't affect you.

But I am pretty freaked out. Did anybody else have impotence kick in after a week or two? Will it only get worse? Or is there a chance by body might adjust?

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Give it several weeks for your body to adjust. Don't panic...libido tends to be all over the place until your body settles down to the drug

tairian

Reaction score
My sides after being on propecia for 2 weeks were no where near that bad But I did have decreased libido But it bounced back up after a couple of months At 7 months It still bounces around but it is not as bad as it was in the beginning..like everyone else has said give it time your body needs to adjust..If it keeps up too long discontinue use.

'

hairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
My libido decreased after about 2 weeks and just stayed low, that was off 0.5mg of finasteride a day. Now after 7 months I've decided to stop.

I had 1 week off to see the difference and my girlfreind was over the moon. I can't belive the difference.

Good to see all was good after coming off for just 1 week tho.

jakeb

Established Member
Reaction score
There is some swinging of hormones at the beginning (and if you quit, for that matter). You don't really know where you're going to level out until your body finally settles. Give it a chance. There's no harm in waiting. The side effects will go away in a few weeks after you quit in all but the weirdest cases.

StevenS

Reaction score
is it true that it is MORE common to get increased sex drive from propecia then the opposite?