Sexual sides :( Help guys!

ihatethis

Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for 1 week, and I noticed today that it was difficult for me to get an erection at first, and a little bit hard to maintain it later.

This was never an issue before, and i'm not sure if I should wait to ride it out, or drop the finasteride?
Im 20 years old btw. And for the record its amazing how my hair has almost completely stopped shedding in only 1 week of finasteride.
Help please guys, and thank you

Swanson

Established Member
Reaction score
definately stick it out... 1 week is really early, could just be all in your head...

ihatethis

Reaction score
Swanson said:
definately stick it out... 1 week is really early, could just be all in your head...

Hopefully it will go back to normal.
Is there such thing as the longer i wait, the worse it'd get?
I really hope i ride this off.
Thanks for the reply

s.a.f

Reaction score
Results in 1 week thats definatley in your head.

ihatethis

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Results in 1 week thats definatley in your head.

I knew someone would say that. Man I can swear my hair is shedding so much less than it was. I'm less irritated, etc. If it makes any difference, my hairloss is pretty recent (within the last 7 months) and im diffuse thinning.
Anyway, can I get any feedback on the sexual sideeffect?

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score
Stick with it, and expect it to continue for 2-3 months. It usually goes away for most ppl.

ihatethis

Reaction score
zeroheat said:
Stick with it, and expect it to continue for 2-3 months. It usually goes away for most ppl.

What if it doesnt? Would it be the same if i quit now, or quit later? In terms of the side effect going away?

cuebald

Reaction score
I think you should quit the drug. You will only imagine other sides as time goes by. Quit now for your sanity's sake.

eth0

Established Member
Reaction score
I had sexual sides for about 2 months at the start

My cure?
I stopped visiting these forums and tried to forget about it. Pretty soon everything went back to normal.

The majority of sides are due to worry and visiting these forums every day doesn't help.

Reaction score
Hey man:)
had the exact same thing the first 3 weeks and it really freaked me out. Now it's getting better . I don't get as many random boners as earlier but as soon as i'm with a woman i get a full erection as usual . Not to reveal my personallife or anything, but try to keep your normal 'masturbation-pattern ' so to speak - even if you don't feel like it. Use movies or anything, if possible. Try not to think about it as a side-effect for aprox 1-2 months and if it's still there I personally wouldn't gamle with it anymore.

Boondock

Reaction score
I don't get as many random boners as earlier but as soon as i'm with a woman i get a full erection as usual

This is what got to me. I could still get boners when it came to the crunch, but when you feel a marked decline in general sexual function you know there's a problem.

If you can't handle the heat, it's time to get out of the kitchen.

Reaction score
Deffinitly true. Find out what works for you . As I said I really feel that my 'force-erections' help me getting over the fact that there actually is sexual sides.
Boondock how long where you using finasteride before quitting?

ihatethis

Reaction score
JOE-91 said:
Boondock said:
I don't get as many random boners as earlier but as soon as i'm with a woman i get a full erection as usual

This is what got to me. I could still get boners when it came to the crunch, but when you feel a marked decline in general sexual function you know there's a problem.

If you can't handle the heat, it's time to get out of the kitchen.

Agreed.

At 20 years old, you should take any decline in sexual functioning very seriously. Some may argue that it's a sacrifice to keeping hair, but unless your really, really desperate this is a stupid mentality.

Thanks for the reply man, and I definitely agree. I would rather lose my hair than my manhood. I'm going to cut down to 0.5 mg, and give it a few days. If I see an imporvement, i'll stick with it. If not, i'll def drop the finasteride.