Sex Drive Going Through the Roof

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys...

Been on finasteride 1.25mg daily since Oct 11. By the end of Oct my sex drive was like gone, even had bouts of depression. I kept taking it since I could not really get any worse. Starting about 2 weeks ago, things really changed. My sex drive is going through the roof now, ready to mount anything that will stand still long enough! My depression is gone too, but most importantly lots of new hairs are coming in too, almost 1/3 of my thinning area is filled in, really a big difference.

My advice to guys going through tough times, hang in and see it through, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Good Luck to All!

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My sex drive drive has been up and down too and I'm also going through a period of increased drive currently. What makes you think that your results are from finasteride when you have been using Rogaine foam since October too?

HairLessGR

Reaction score
With finasteride you can never be too sure.
I've always had a very strong appetite for sex but when i started taking
finasteride that gradually reduced to an unatural (for me) level.
It did come back and left again in different periods but what i've noticed is that when i forced myself into sexual activities my libido eventually "woke up" and then i just couldn't stop myself having sex!
So, it has been more of a black or white story for me. Still is.

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
Uk...

I don't want to imply my results are from finasteride alone, I am hitting it from all different angles and I am sure because of this I am getting some decent hair growth at this stage. I have used rogaine in the past and got some pretty decent results, but not this fast. Normally it would have taken me several months to get to this point.

I know the sex drive issue is no longer a problem, so perhaps my system has become accustomed to it and I am sure its helping the rest of my regimen.

UK1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That is great news, I'm really looking forward to starting Rogaine foam next month as finasteride seems to be stabalizing my hair nicely overall.

Far Too Young

Established Member
Reaction score
Honestly, it seems to have diminished my sex drive ever so slightly. Not so much that I don't still wake up with the occasional morning glory, etc. But the slight relaxation in sex drive has actually led to a slight relaxation broadly. I think I may have been wearing my girlfriend out before. Now I'm a little more reasonable.

Nothing wrong with that.

JDW

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
johnnyseville said:
Guys...

Starting about 2 weeks ago, things really changed. My sex drive is going through the roof now, ready to mount anything that will stand still long enough!

No idea why but that had me in hysterics!!!

ShedMaster

Reaction score
yes your drive will fluctuate until you body adjusts and stabilizes. thats why many quit when their libido is lowered without giving their body time to adjust.