Sewn's Story

Sewn

Reaction score
I should start from the beginning. When I was 1 years old I got a third degree burn to my scalp (child abuse I'll leave it at that). From this my crown was destroyed. The skin was replaced with grafts from my leg and there were atleast 2 scalp reductions to decrease the size of the scar. I know scalp reductions are considered horrible but for my situation there wasn't a choice really. The scar was huge.

When I was 19 I wore my hair long and noticed it falling out alot. I thought this might be because of a bad diet that I was on at the time. Then I cut my hair and I noticed my hairline went back some. I compared it to pictures and it looked alot thinner. I then paniac and got on propecia. This lasted about 3 months I think till I then lied to myself and said it was just my hair going back like everyone's does at that age. I then forgot about it for awhile, grew my hair out long again.

Now at the age of 25 I was thinking of getting the scar filled with transplants and i visted two doctors. One told me he would do it for a really good price but i thought about getting a second opinion so i searched my situation online. I found alot of the scalp reduction surgery's and corrective approaches to it. I then met someone who suggest the NHI. I made an appointment with Dr. Bernstein there who told me he wouldn't fix it because if I do bald it would look bad with the transplants in the scar. He also then told me my hair was defintely thinning. He gave me a prescription for propecia and i started to think about it. My crown was destroyed.

Maybe my hair has been going I just haven't noitced it because alarge part of my balding area was gone. I started taking propecia. Man thank god for people like Dr. Bernstein who are honest. I am now thinking of getting on 5% Rogaine. I have a question for you all out there with that regime. If Rogaine just is a growth stimulant, why can't you stop using it after it makes your hair grow again and the propecia has lowered the DHT levels?

G

The hair that grows from minoxidil is not hair that would naturally start growing again - it depends on minoxidil. Once you stop using minoxidil it will fall out.