Severely dirty hair with minoxidil. And which type of minoxidil is better

AlexCross

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It just so happens that minoxidil stains my head a lot, despite the fact that I already have oily skin type. I want to know how long after application can I wash my hair?

I also want to know which minoxidil stains the head to a lesser extent. Spray or foam?

AlexCross

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Which version? What are the ingredients?
Since I am from Ukraine, Minoxidil Inteli (Latvia) is popular with us. Ingredients: 1
active substance: 1 ml of solution - contains 50 mg of minoxidil.
auxiliary substances: 96% ethanol, propylene glycol and demineralized water.

so how long after applying minoxidil to the head, can you wash your hair?

hairgone1234

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wait at least 4 hours. I apply when I get home from work at about 5.30 but I have been using minoxidil mixed with topical finasteride and wash out about 10ish.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
It just so happens that minoxidil stains my head a lot, despite the fact that I already have oily skin type. I want to know how long after application can I wash my hair?

I also want to know which minoxidil stains the head to a lesser extent. Spray or foam?
Use a version with less PG or wtihout it like the Foam version.

NW9000

Established Member
Reaction score
Use foam if you can or your hair is short

If not then use the liquid

Otherwise you just have to suffer

pochkopmo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Foam is very abrasive to the skin, it dries and flakes my skin. Probably because of the alcohol. Try the foam version, during the time i was on it my skin was doing good.

NW9000

Established Member
Reaction score
Foam is very abrasive to the skin, it dries and flakes my skin. Probably because of the alcohol. Try the foam version, during the time i was on it my skin was doing good.
151366.png

NickyA

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You aren't meant to wash your hair for at least four or five hours after applying minoxidil. I use liquid minoxidil since foam isn't easily available in my country, and I've found a composition that dries relatively fast, in an hour or two, and doesn't leave your hair greasy, it has 65% alcohol and 25% PG, so in a nutshell look for those compositions of liquid minoxidil (High alcohol, low PG) if you want something cheap that dries fast without making your hair greasy. You can check my thread for more information on this composition if you want.

AlexCross

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You aren't meant to wash your hair for at least four or five hours after applying minoxidil. I use liquid minoxidil since foam isn't easily available in my country, and I've found a composition that dries relatively fast, in an hour or two, and doesn't leave your hair greasy, it has 65% alcohol and 25% PG, so in a nutshell look for those compositions of liquid minoxidil (High alcohol, low PG) if you want something cheap that dries fast without making your hair greasy. You can check my thread for more information on this composition if you want.
can you link to your thread?